Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL Concourse A Centerpoint Club Closed For Safety Reasons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

Just a heads up -- was sitting in the Concourse A center club and the club was evacuated immediately for "safety concerns". The host followed up by saying that the front glass door was shattered, which is true, but the door was being held together and we'd all entered the club with the door in the same condition, so it was a little odd that they suddenly decided we needed to leave.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL D 1MM SPG P Marriott G Hilton D
Yep. They put an extremely rude agent at the closed club who refused to explain why that club was closed. Now the other club at concourse A is PACKED.

I can't think of why they still haven't replaced the shattered door, since they had more than 24 hours to do so.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by zhangyuliang
Yep. They put an extremely rude agent at the closed club who refused to explain why that club was closed. Now the other club at concourse A is PACKED.

I can't think of why they still haven't replaced the shattered door, since they had more than 24 hours to do so.

If people are already in the club, the risk of "danger" is exactly the same if they leave ASAP or an hour later. Bad decision.

As to situation... any half a$$ maint person could remove the glass and door hardware in very short order eliminating the safety risk until a replacement door is found. They could easily operate without the door while awaiting a replacement.

Customer service? Come on Delta, you are better than that.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Maybe it's maintained by the airport, not Delta?

Maybe, because of liquor, or other reasons, they can't leave the door or glass open?

I dunno.

Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
If people are already in the club, the risk of "danger" is exactly the same if they leave ASAP or an hour later. Bad decision.

As to situation... any half a$$ maint person could remove the glass and door hardware in very short order eliminating the safety risk until a replacement door is found. They could easily operate without the door while awaiting a replacement.

Customer service? Come on Delta, you are better than that.
I'd say that it could be riskier to herd everyone to leave quickly at the same time. In the worst case, if you don't tell them why they must leave immediately, you could have a stampede.

It might be necessary to install a plywood or whatever barrier until the door can be fixed.

I wonder how the glass was broken.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps this is one of those unreported terrorist attacks?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
.....or maybe it was a TSA drill......or maybe TSA wanted the lounge for their own use.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I can understand not allowing new guests to enter. But there is the 'regular' wood door directly to the left as you exit the elevator that could be used to exit for those already in the club. Seems like the 'evacuation' was a bit much.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
does anyone know how the door was damaged/destroyed?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:10 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It seems likely that the door was unrelated to the actual reason for the closure.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by zhangyuliang

The big surprise here is that this club is now open on weekends.

It has been closed on Sat/Sun for as long as I can remember.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.