Wiki Posts
Search

DELTA 2671 Shortest Flight Ever?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
DELTA 2671 Shortest Flight Ever?

Thanks to awful weather in the Northeast today this, BOS-LGA may qualify as the shortest flight of the year for Delta.

It was diverted to JFK and after a nearly two hour wait it continued on as JFK-LGA.

I wonder if passengers were able to deplane or were stuck on the tarmac for a flight of a mere 10 miles.

Do you get a minimum 500 FF miles?

LOL
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:30 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
diversions normally still only count as 1 MQS and the JFK-LGA portion would not earn 500 MQM.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Intra-NYC flights are not uncommon following a diversion, so no, it's extremely unlikely this is the shortest flight ever. Same for other major cities with multiple airports. Would still be a fun experience tho
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Intra-NYC flights are not uncommon following a diversion, so no, it's extremely unlikely this is the shortest flight ever. Same for other major cities with multiple airports. Would still be a fun experience tho
I routinely flew ITH-ELM and ITH-SYR back in the 1990s. That was probably one of the shortest scheduled flights in history.

My "shortest" flight ever was NRT-NRT because of a MX/fire mid-flight. After a fuel dump we landed back at NRT. Door to door was about 8 hours for zero miles and zero segments. I was happy to be on the ground. But, I did get a cool stamp in my passport voiding my previous exit. I have a few of those now...

TFD
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:41 pm

Actually...what is the shortest scheduled DL flight? It might be helpful to those trying to rack up MQS.

I'm imagining some midwest flight, like a Cleveland->MSP or similar.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by KRSW
Actually...what is the shortest scheduled DL flight? It might be helpful to those trying to rack up MQS.

I routinely fly CLE to DTW

The flight feels like twice the time if you depart CLE Eastbound (6L/R) and land in DTW on runway 21L/R or 22L/R vs. departing CLE Westbound 24(L/R) and landing on 27L/R.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I seem to recall a couple years ago DL ran a special flight for LGA-EWR for NY Rangers fans to go to NJ for a game against the Devils.

For regularly scheduled flights, DTW-LAN is pretty short at 74 miles per GC map, and even gets mainline during part of the year. I think that may be the shortest.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
I think RST-MSP is about the same as DTW-LAN. In years past, NWA flew TOL-DTW and it was only about 50 miles.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by KRSW

Umm... Do you mean CLE-DTW? That's 95 miles where CLE-MSP is 622...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
Umm... Do you mean CLE-DTW? That's 95 miles where CLE-MSP is 622...
And Minneapolis to Duluth is about 150 miles driving, probably less in air miles.

For a while, I was a flying between SFO and OAK on a fairly regular bases, as a tag-on to TCON flights. Usually it was the same aircraft, so these were direct flights to/from OAK, which was much more convenient in terms of time and cost than SFO.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
My shortest flight would be CRK-MNL, due to emergency runway repair at MNL.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
And Minneapolis to Duluth is about 150 miles driving, probably less in air miles.

For a while, I was a flying between SFO and OAK on a fairly regular bases, as a tag-on to TCON flights. Usually it was the same aircraft, so these were direct flights to/from OAK, which was much more convenient in terms of time and cost than SFO.
144. http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=dlh-msp
But I'm not sure why you brought up Duluth?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've flown Chattanooga to Atlanta several times. Just a hair over 100 miles.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
DL used to fly MIA-FLL. 22 miles. And that wasn't even the shortest discussed here in multiple threads.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Which airline was that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.