Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using GUC Air France ticket, Delta Operated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using GUC Air France ticket, Delta Operated

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
I am considering booking a TATL flight to Europe, it is $500 cheaper to book on AF/KL, than to book it on Delta.com. We were planning to use a GUC on the red-eye Delta operated TATL flight. Has anyone had any experience with utilizing a GUC on AF/KL ticket stock?
The ticket stock doesnt matter. AF/KL/DL ticket stock all work the same. The issue is who markets and who operates the flights.

Basically same issue can occur as if on a DL ticket.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Be sure you read the GUC t&c, in order to use the cert from the lower fare buckets, the flight must be marketed by DL... meaning DL flight numbers.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
Thanks for the prompt responses. The flight is DL marketed and operated, so it should be good!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
I had no problem getting a GUC applied to a Delta operated flight, booked on KL ticket stock. In fact, the flights were marketed as KL codeshare, and the D1 upgrades were still cleared with a GUC. I hope this helps people in the future with this situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.