Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Less for us to create threads and complain about?
Ahhh... so by not thinking about us, Delta is really thinking about us.

TommyD2 and GopherMSP like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Three empty seats on the late BOS-RDU CRJ-900 last night. Only 43 people in total on the flight in fact.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I saw it this week on a JFK-MIA flight (1 empty seat in F)

I would have been upset if I was number 1 on the list but i was # 4 & 5 (significant other traveling too) so its not like it was going to go to me in either instance (I am smart enough to give the seat to the significant other )
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL, UA
I flew 4 flights last week, all on E75s or CR9s and all had at least one open seat in F with no medallions on the list. Flew Tuesday AM out Thursday AM back.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10
Three empty seats on the late BOS-RDU CRJ-900 last night. Only 43 people in total on the flight in fact.
I'd rather have 43 of 76 seats occupied than 76 of 76 seats on a CRJ-900.
simplyben likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
JFK-SAV this afternoon. Three empty seats in F, even though there were four people still on the upgrade list. Not sure if there were extenuating circumstances (I had a tight connection, boarded after everyone else), but still seems dubious to me.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
2 empty F seats on the 8:37 PM DCA-RDU CRJ-700 tonight with no upgrade list. Plane booked to a mere 32.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
A while back, don’t remember the route, but we were delayed after boarding for at least 45 minutes waiting on a part to repair a galley door latch. A lady in the bulkhead asked the FA if she could move to 2A. FA said she would ask the GA and a few minutes later told the lady that the GA said that seat had to go out empty. This was not a CRJ so there was no weight/balance issue. Thought that was odd at the time. I saw several pax from Y “engage” the FA about not getting an upgrade when an F seat was open.

Then this past Saturday,I was flying BA from LHR to MSY. Club World, the only premium cabin on this route, is in two sections. There were 5 empty seats out of 21 in the first section. They remained empty the entire flight. Luckily one was across the aisle from me and I snagged the extra pillow.
Spanish likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
MKE-MSP, 1A went empty last Friday morning (the ~9:00 departure). This flight was delayed 2+ hours, so many people took alternative flights, but it's still hard to believe there weren't enough silvers on the flight.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Marylou
This was not a CRJ so there was no weight/balance issue. Thought that was odd at the time. I saw several pax from Y “engage” the FA about not getting an upgrade when an F seat was open.
This is very presumptuous. All planes can have weight and balances issues and we don't know what might have been in the cargo hold!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
This is very presumptuous. All planes can have weight and balances issues and we don't know what might have been in the cargo hold!
Pardon my presumptuousness but I wouldn't have thought a 100 pound pax moving one seat back would make much of a difference. But I have been wrong before.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Open FC seat ATL-YVR, and upgrade cert almost not used

Travelled yesterday from ATL-YVR direct on the (scheduled) 7:29 departure. Had hemmed and hawed for days about paying for upgrade, but chose not to because there were lots of open seats in FC. I did, however, call to use a regional UC to move up on the list. Yesterday afternoon all open seats were gone, but I was #2 on the list with 2 spots open. I decided to call DM desk and found out that the prior agent had NOT put in for my regional certificate, so when the agent did so, I moved to #1 . Then the last two seats were purchased.

At the gate, things looked bad and I boarded and sat in 15D. Just as the door was about to shut, the GA walked back to move me up to FC, and I had my choice of two aisle seats. It was the latest upgrade I had experienced, and the most valuable given the length of the flight. HOWEVER, the other aisle FC went unfilled, and there were lots of folks on the FC upgrade list. No one raised a stink, but man am I glad that I used my RUC to move from #2 to #1 . I think I would have gone nuclear if I was #2 and saw an empty seat.

Why isn't there a way for Delta to confirm that you have a upgrade certificate that is pending?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
MSP-SEA last Monday morning. 70 something on the UG list, 3A went empty. There was talk of “waiting for two more” amongst the FAs, but apparently at least one didn’t make it.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I've seen SJC-SEA go out with empty F about half the time. One time in May, Y was full, but F had 4 empty seats (the upgrade list was exhausted). The pilot wanted to move 3 people to F for weight and balance reasons on an E175.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM
It's rare but it happens. I had an empty seat next to me once this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.