Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Old Jun 29, 19, 1:15 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
I have next to me right now atl-sfo apparently someone missconnected and the flight attendants wouldn’t take the risk with a plane full of Atlanta passengers onboard
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
I had a recent ORD-RDU weeknight about to go out with 8 empty F seats - I was the only upgrade, as in I was the only elite not on a BE fare.

Then the pilot said that the weight and balance was all foobared because C+ was almost empty and Y was full, so they moved half the Y passengers into C+ and F, and F went out full.
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:18 pm

SEA-SFO few days ago went out with 2 empty seats. C+ was almost empty. My seatmate wanted a window seat and downgraded himself to C+ after dinner, so total 3 empties in F on landing .

Coming back, there was only 1 F seat available 24 hours out, but I wanted earlier flight anyway. Earlier flight was completely sold out in Y, but had several F seats selling for $900+ each. I paid $63 upsell to get remaining F seat on my flight and SDC for free into $900 seat on earlier flight.
Unionruler likes this.

Last edited by AntonS; Jul 3, 19 at 1:08 pm
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:43 am

I've flown in D1 on a 767 from LHR with only two other pax.
Old Jul 5, 19, 5:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yesterday's 11:45 am FLL-LGA flight went out with five open seats in front. There were 0 people on the First and C+ upgrade lists at T-24, so every elite member on their flight was in the front. I was lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me, so having a window seat with direct aisle access on a brand new A321 made for a great flight,
Old Jul 9, 19, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL FO, WN AL
New record for me tonight. 8 empty seats in a 20 seat FC cabin from DTW-BWI with zero on the upgrade list. Easy upgrade for this FO
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:16 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Flew LAS -> SLC in F this past weekend and seats 1 A, B, C & D all went out empty.
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
DEN - LAX this (Friday) morning.
Old Jul 15, 19, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
One empty seat on a GSO-DTW CRJ-900 last Friday with no upgrade list. This is the first year I've seen anything but single class aircraft on this route and I'm afraid this doesn't bode well for them keeping it that way
Old Jul 15, 19, 3:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
I've been on a few. JFK-SJU
Same here but AUA.
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA GS MM, DL Plat, Mariott LT Plat/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
ORD-LGA last week had 4 empty seats in F. Nice to have an empty next to me.
Old Jul 17, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive
I flew ATL - FLL this week in the morning with 8 empty FC seats and 18 empty C+ seats. Only one person was on the upgrade list for FC and no one for C+.

Last edited by Traveler_boy_25; Jul 17, 19 at 1:08 pm
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
One empty seat on a GSO-DTW CRJ-900 last Friday with no upgrade list. This is the first year I've seen anything but single class aircraft on this route and I'm afraid this doesn't bode well for them keeping it that way
I want to say I once or twice saw a CRJ-700 on GSO-DTW as options when I was doing SEA-GSO. But I could be mistaken and even if I did see it, I think it was usually one-offs rather than a regular occurrence. It was usually a CRJ on GSO-DTW so I never did book SEA-DTW-GSO or vise-versa as I didn’t want to ride Satan’s Chariot.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:47 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Currently on 1522. They just moved 3 from C+ to F then three people boarded into tower newly vacated seats. On a recent MCO-ATL flight, the same thing happened. Seems like they're upgrading boarded people with more frequency these days.
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:50 am

Two FC seats went out empty this morning from ATL>LAX. I was number 2 of 78 on the upgrade list. Sigh.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Jul 22, 19 at 9:58 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: