Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Never seen this: Empty Seat In First Class

Old Jul 2, 18, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was on the SLC-MCO red-eye last Monday and we went out with 6 empty FC seats with no UGs on the list and only 1 non-rev. Y was ~90-95% full which makes this even stranger.
Old Jul 2, 18, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by den1k View Post
I was on a flight from LAX to MSY and there was 4 empty seats in first. No one left on the upgrade list, and no no revs. There was several empty seats in comfort plus. Hadn’t seen this in several years
It happens. I had a recent AUS LAX flight. It was fill in Y, but I was only passenger in F. The flight timing being weird explains part of it, but have never seen it more then 2 seats empty in F. Mainline 738.
Old Jul 2, 18, 6:49 pm

Lately I've been doing DCA-LGA-XNA each Friday.

Friday before last the LGA-XNA had one passenger in FC: Me. Last Friday there were maybe six of us. In both cases it was an ERJ-175 with 12 FC seats.
Old Jul 2, 18, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Gold, WN A-List, Hiltn Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
DCA-OMA was half empty in F the last timeI flew the route
Old Jul 3, 18, 8:14 am

LAX - SJD
There was three empty on the Wednesday morning flight down and 1 empty on the return Monday afternoon.
Old Jul 3, 18, 6:05 pm

The only time I managed an upgrade to first was earlier this year on a Friday night flight DTW-DCA. There was a government shutdown most of that week, so we went out with three empty seats in first, clearing the whole list. As a silver on an award ticket, I definitely didn't expect it.
noahnoahsmith likes this.
Old Jul 5, 18, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
One empty F seat on last Saturday's 10 AM RIC-LGA CRJ-900
Old Jul 5, 18, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I thought I was going to see the rare empty F seat last week on a CR9 flight - when I cleared at the T-24 window as a Silver on an award ticket. But, no, every seat was filled.
noahnoahsmith likes this.
Old Jul 5, 18, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Looks like there may be some empty FC seats (pending non-revs) on ATL-IAD tomorrow morning . Currently 9 out of 16 FC seats are empty and only 3 on the UG list.
Old Jul 5, 18, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Traveled on 7/4 ORD-ATL-PBI.
Had one empty FC seat on each segment,

Was an UG list and would assume lazy GA. ORD flight door closed 10 minutes early.
Old Feb 4, 19, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I flew Memphis–New York LGA on Saturday and the CRJ-900 went out with one empty first-class seat and nobody on the first-class upgrade list.

I then flew LGA–Pittsburgh and only three passengers were seated in the 12-seat first-class cabin on the E-175 flying this route. Again, nobody on the upgrade list.
Old Feb 4, 19, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL FO
Just a few days before Christmas 2018, I flew from MCI to ATL on the earliest flight of the day. Plane was completely full with the exception of the first class seat next to me. The person assigned to the seat never showed and the GA was not going to move anyone forward. Surprised me to say the least, but it was getting very near push back, and the GA said she did not want to delay the flight.
Old Feb 4, 19, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
HPN-DTW on a CRJ 700 - only 5 of the 9 seats were filled a week ago
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:39 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
What would be the hazards of having the FAs perform battlefield UGs once the door is shut?
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.955 MM; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post
What would be the hazards of having the FAs perform battlefield UGs once the door is shut?
Less for us to create threads and complain about?
TheHorta likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: