Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay With Miles Caveat

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
I did see something in the T&Cs about PWM and risk free or refundable tickets... the portion paid with miles is refunded as a voucher, and the remainder cash portion goes back on your card.
Nope, with Risk Free Cancellation, you get the miles back.

"In the event of a valid ticket cancellation under Delta's Risk Free Cancellation policy, the Pay with Miles portion of the fare will be redeposited into the member's SkyMiles account and the paid portion of the fare will be credited back to the credit card."
Old May 19, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ok, guess it was just with a refundable ticket then where you get the miles in a form of voucher and cash back to your card.

Still seems strange they couldn't do what the OP was trying to do... but even then if it created a voucher, couldn't it immediately be used for the new ticket?
Old May 19, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Slightly off topic but I canceled (no showed) a flight where I used PWM for about 1/3 of the ticket which was more than $200. The voucher for the unused part (the part minus the $200 fee) gave me "cash" for the PWM part of the ticket also. I think the ticket was $660 and I paid $310 and used 35,000 miles. I now have a voucher for $460.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.