Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Impressed ... did not know what to expect

Old Jun 28, 2020, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec silver

I wonder if delta employees and partners are on these forums.
I also expect mockery and typical flame wars on these forums....

In any event, for about a month, I have been traveling on almost the same flight but same 2 cities on the west coast of the US.

I have written personal letters to the cabin crew and pilots of every trip, thanking them for their services during these times and the emotional and mental trauma and dilemmas during the pandemic but still serving us to keep business going and what not.

1 in particular recognized me and personally thanked me as did another one about the letter i gave them..

I'm touched and was not expecting any kind of kudos. On one trip, the pilot personally came up and thanked me and definitely put a genuine smile on their face.

Unfortunately many cabin crew members put up with our crap. but if i can make it better in 1 small way, I know i made a difference. I wish people were more or much better and well behaved but the things we see and hear... ugh. (BTW, I am not a delta employee).

Thanks Delta. Thanks for listening.
Sikma, ND76, NOLAnwGOLD and 11 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
It seems that hand-written notes are the only way to get through these days! I had a flight on Delta Connection a month and a half ago that was the worst weather I have ever landed in. Very strong wind gusts made the approach a challenge, then when we got onto the ground, the plane started to skid on the slippery runway. I wanted to thank the pilot for safely and confidently getting us back on the ground, but the cockpit door didn't open before I deplaned. I wrote a nice note on DL.com, and still haven't heard a reply. Now, every time I call in to customer support, the IVR asks if I am calling about my recent complaint (even though I clearly marked it as "compliment)!
AANYC1981 and firehawk like this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

I think people have forgotten in this day and age... personable is the only way to be meaningful and connect.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver Elite
Yes, I am employee and I do read this forum. Thank you for showing support to our crew members and adding the personal touch, by handwriting. Nothing is easy for anyone right now but I am grateful for your business, along with anyone that chooses Delta!
firehawk and NOLAnwGOLD like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
maybe some day we will cross paths together 😊
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver Elite
Originally Posted by firehawk
Thank you!
maybe some day we will cross paths together 😊
Yes, hopefully so! Stay safe and be well!
firehawk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.