Confirmed Systemwide Outage

Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
At ORD; a whole lot of nothing going on. GA asked me what DL was saying on twitter...

Oh well.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:06 pm

The website is back up now.

My wife touched down in ATL just as this was happening. Lucky for her, that was her destination.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by C W
Any word on departures out of Europe? I'm scheduled to fly DL25 DUS-ATL and then DL981 ATL-BOG Monday, 31st.
It may not be easy to tell until the issue is resolved. On flightaware.com you can check to see if your inbound aircraft is already in the air.

Look for "where is my plane now"
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by C W
Any word on departures out of Europe? I'm scheduled to fly DL25 DUS-ATL and then DL981 ATL-BOG Monday, 31st.
Only domestic flights are affected.

International flights are exempt.
Originally Posted by 335montego
Is this going to be a compensation situation?
If precedent serves correctly, yes — depending on the circumstances of each passenger:

Is Delta offering travel vouchers to impacted customers?

Yes. Delta will provide $200 in travel vouchers to all customers who experienced a delay of greater than three hours or a cancelled flight between Aug. 8 - Aug. 10 as a result of the impact to operations systemwide. The vouchers are available for travel on all Delta and Delta Connection-operated flights.

Customers affected by the outage and who have provided their email address will be contacted via email and will receive their voucher in seven to 10 business days. Customers who have not been contacted can complete a Customer Care form on www.delta.com/wecare to receive their voucher. All travel must be booked by one year from the date the voucher was issued.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
In FLL sky club waiting on JFK flight - agents claim system has been restarted and is rebooting. Very 1980's. Still no updates. LGA boarded 95% of the plane before the system went down. Everyone has been more or less stuck on there since.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Flamenguista

My wife touched down in ATL just as this was happening. Lucky for her, that was her destination.

Still down for me.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We were released (3314 LGA - CMH). There was barely any ground traffic, just an AA flight in front of us. As we took off I saw at least 20 Delta planes sitting there not moving. Not sure why we were allowed to go, maybe because it's technically Shuttle America? Who knows, but happy to get out
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
At A19 SkyClub in ATL. they starting refusing entry due to capacity about 6 people behind us.
I hope they stopped selling day passes when the outage started.

Programs: skymiles, 1 MM-DM
And I just received the survey email for my Friday flight...

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
We are back up and running in SJC now. Able to check in
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Can login to the web site again, but somewhat alarmingly it doesn't show my flight anymore. I feel slightly better about having a paper boarding pass but dunno how much that will help.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Flamenguista

Except all the gates are full as no aircraft can leave their gates until the groundstop has been lifted.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Uh oh, someone must have tried to play a game of Tetris on the Deltamatic server and exceeded the 640k of memory.

image hosting more than 5mb
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:17 pm

Website is down again. I got halfway through a booking, and kaput.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by audidudi
Except all the gates are full as no aircraft can leave their gates until the groundstop has been lifted.
The text of the groundstop says that any aircraft that has their "weight and balance" numbers is exempt from the ground stop.

ATCSCC ADVZY 005 ALL 01/30/2017 DAL AND SUBS GROUND STOP

EVENT TIME: 30/0103 - 30/0230
EXTEND THE GROUND STOP FOR DAL AND SUB CARRIERS TO DOMESTIC
DESTINATIONS. INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT ARE EXEMPT. IF THE CREW ADVISES
THEY HAVE THER WEIGHT AND BALANCE THEY ARE RELEASED. THIS IS DUE
TO AUTOMATION ISSUES WITH DAL. UPDATE AT 0230Z.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.