Wiki Posts
Search

What lounge in AMS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
What lounge in AMS

I did search but didn't find anything, mods - please merge if there is an existing thread.

I am travelling SLC - AMS - Scotland on Delta connecting to KLM Cityhopper in One/Business. My layover in AMS is quite a few hours - what lounge can I access (I do not have Delta status, just business tickets) in AMS so I can grab a snack and a shower?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
You probably could have found this on the DL website quicker than it took to write the original post. The short answer is yes - Crown Lounge 52 is your lounge. It's huge, with a decent food spread and showers. The lounge can be super-crowded at peak times but not a bad place to spend a layover.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by arh1
I did search but didn't find anything, mods - please merge if there is an existing thread.

I am travelling SLC - AMS - Scotland on Delta connecting to KLM Cityhopper in One/Business. My layover in AMS is quite a few hours - what lounge can I access (I do not have Delta status, just business tickets) in AMS so I can grab a snack and a shower?
As Scotland is outside the Schengen zone, you won't be able to access Crown Lounge 25. Therefore, Crown Lounge 52 will be your choice. Don't worry, as it is one of the largest airline lounges I have ever seen. Decent food choices and self-service beverages (hard and soft).
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by ND76
Decent food choices and self-service beverages (hard and soft).
And best of all, plenty of showers. I always pack my carry-on for easy showering (toiletries, change of clothes, large plastic bag for the old clothes). You get a number at the little blue kiosk in front of the service desk inside the lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by SpinzCity
And best of all, plenty of showers. I always pack my carry-on for easy showering (toiletries, change of clothes, large plastic bag for the old clothes). You get a number at the little blue kiosk in front of the service desk inside the lounge.
However, depending on the time of day, the wait for a shower literally may be hours long. A couple of years ago I had a 2 h stay in the lounge (I think it was fairly early morning) and even within that time I did not make it to the top of the list for a shower...
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Sort of related...does Lounge 25 have showers?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
AFAIK, both 25 and 52 have showers, but as far as I recall, the Schengen one does only have 3 or so.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by PHXflier
However, depending on the time of day, the wait for a shower literally may be hours long. A couple of years ago I had a 2 h stay in the lounge (I think it was fairly early morning) and even within that time I did not make it to the top of the list for a shower...
This. Earlier this month I got into AMS around 8:30ish and it took 2 hours to get access to a shower, and with a 3 hour layover, it was too late. A week later, got there around 7:15 and the wait was a little over an hour. Going forward, if I'm on an itinerary where I'll want to take a shower, I'll ideally plan for a layover of at least 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.