Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern opinion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Just bought an MU J ticket JFK-SIN on Orbitz. Do you know what numbers MU ticket stock starts with?
173 if i remember. Unless there's DL flights, its an MU ticket.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
LAX/HKT issued by MU - one segment is on Delta. Was just told by @Delta that complimentary upgrade to Comfort+ is not allowed for the PVG market. Anyone have a suggestion how to proceed? Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bsktpdlr
LAX/HKT issued by MU - one segment is on Delta. Was just told by @Delta that complimentary upgrade to Comfort+ is not allowed for the PVG market. Anyone have a suggestion how to proceed? Thanks
Never heard that before. Wow, just found this on DL

all flights within the U.S. 50 and Canada
flights within the Caribbean, Central America, and Northern South America markets serviced with our First Class product (Colombia and Venezuela) as well as Asia Pacific markets, excluding China and Hong Kong
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL GM
That's interesting, I was able to select a C+ seat on DL PVG-NRT during the normal window just a few weeks ago. I actually ended up being upgraded to J standing on the bus out to the plane on that flight, first time I've ever received an op-up to J internationally. Shame it was just a 3 hour flight.

It may not be official policy, but you might be able to call in and ask or even check at the airport. I find that @Delta is completely useless these days and has been for months, the account seems unable to provide any context specific help, only copy and pasting policy or relaying flight status the app or website can provide in 5 seconds.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If the flight is a codeshare with MU flight number then this is correct. You can only upgrade DoD when DL takes control.

Same with DL flights in US carrying OAL code. No advance upgrades, C+ or F. All must be done DoD at airport.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
If the flight is a codeshare with MU flight number then this is correct. You can only upgrade DoD when DL takes control.

Same with DL flights in US carrying OAL code. No advance upgrades, C+ or F. All must be done DoD at airport.
Thanks - I appreciate the input. Having one of the long haul segments in C+ was one of the reasons for choosing the DL metal. This gets more and more complicated every day. I'm old school - good memories from MD DC-10 with ice cream served off a cart. Our kids were Silver on NWA and they got upgrades as well. Things used to be so simple. I will make the request DoD if seats look good.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bsktpdlr
Thanks - I appreciate the input. Having one of the long haul segments in C+ was one of the reasons for choosing the DL metal. This gets more and more complicated every day. I'm old school - good memories from MD DC-10 with ice cream served off a cart. Our kids were Silver on NWA and they got upgrades as well. Things used to be so simple. I will make the request DoD if seats look good.
Back then codeshares weren't as common. One carrier would simply sell seats on the OAL flight instead of selling their own flight by placing their code on a flight.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:03 am

Has anyone been able to get priority seating on MU as a DL Plat?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Jsegui
How charming is your Mandarin/Putonghua?
Jsegui likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Jsegui
As a Plat, I has always been placed at the back, back, back of the plane whenever I flew MU. Disclaimer: I buy my MU tickets through Expedia and not MU directly. Expedia seems to able to get (cheaper) inventory not found on their own website. They did give me aisle seats everytime which matters most to me.

However, this March ('17), my only ever Op-Up happened on one of my MU flights, a long one too (PVG-JFK). Original flight was cancelled due to bad weather at JFK. I was placed in a hotel and on an extra flight the following day. I understand two (PVG-JFK) flights were cancelled in total. It was a very nice surprise when the machine spat out a new Business class seat assignment when boarding. (To me), the unexpected upgrade made up for all the hassle I went through the previous day.

They honor Priority boarding but baggage always seems to come out very, very late at JFK despite the Sky Priority tags.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
As a Plat, I has always been placed at the back, back, back of the plane whenever I flew MU. Disclaimer: I buy my MU tickets through Expedia and not MU directly. Expedia seems to able to get (cheaper) inventory not found on their own website. They did give me aisle seats everytime which matters most to me.

However, this March ('17), my only ever Op-Up happened on one of my MU flights, a long one too (PVG-JFK). Original flight was cancelled due to bad weather at JFK. I was placed in a hotel and on an extra flight the following day. I understand two (PVG-JFK) flights were cancelled in total. It was a very nice surprise when the machine spat out a new Business class seat assignment when boarding. (To me), the unexpected upgrade made up for all the hassle I went through the previous day.

They honor Priority boarding but baggage always seems to come out very, very late at JFK despite the Sky Priority tags.
Really appreciate the info !
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Same deal except just call and and ask about seat assignments and have some 'story'. We picked the seats we wanted. Which happened to be with a group of 6 the last couple of rows with just 2 seats on the side. Which was great for us. However we could have chosen any seats.

And yes Sky Priority lanes were no problem.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Same deal except just call and and ask about seat assignments and have some 'story'. We picked the seats we wanted. Which happened to be with a group of 6 the last couple of rows with just 2 seats on the side. Which was great for us. However we could have chosen any seats.

And yes Sky Priority lanes were no problem.
Thanks... I already have seats assigned from day one, no priority seats though, so guess I'll just consider myself lucky with those preassigned standard seats. Will ask anyways upon check-in, nothing to lose..
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
I have done the JFK-PVG flight multiple times on MU in j and actually love it. They now have real champagne, food is terrible but the hard product is fantastic-- big long bed! The last time I flew this route I got in 2 hours early, that plane was booking it!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Have you ever had an issue getting your miles from tickets purchased on Expedia (or another OTA)? I am getting a super deal on JustFly.com (~$2,200 r/t JFK-DEL in Business) but worry I might not get the miles. The rules on Justfly.com say nothing at all, of course.

The other downside is the 9+ hour layover outbound and 6.5 hours on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.