Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Plans to Limit PreCheck to Enrolled Trusted Travelers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:05 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dave737
so is it a good idea to have your GE card on you when you travel?

i have my KTN in my Delta profile, but when i was done with my GE interview they told me it's attached to your passport for flights and you only need the card on you when driving into canada.
You will need it as ID if you have a MT, MN, MO or ME driver's license and want to fly after Jan, 2018.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I was told the US Mail loses them all the time (not sure why the US Mail would lose more GE cards that anything else).
I think it's more that the USPS loses all kinds of things all the time. I've taken to paying extra to have places ship things to me via UPS/Fedex if I can, as I have a 60%-70% success rate in actually receiving anything sent to me via US Mail.

Just last week, we had a tracked Priority Mail piece scanned as "undeliverable - no secure location" at the end of the delivery day. It was just a standard size letter envelope, which would fit easily inside our locked box in the secure mail center at our condo. It was later scanned back at the post office, then back out for delivery, then "Available for pickup", then...nothing. Already have a replacement that came via FedEx and USPS still hasn't figured out what happened to the original (and no, it's not actually available for pickup at the post office).

/rant ... sorry

Originally Posted by puddinhead
You will need it as ID if you have a MT, MN, MO or ME driver's license and want to fly after Jan, 2018.
I actually have taken to using my GE card as my primary form of airport identification. TSA and check-in agents in any location easily recognize it, and it has a limited amount of personal information printed on it in case it gets lost, so I feel more comfortable just carrying it loose in my pocket and leaving my wallet securely tucked away in a bag or another pocket or something.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:37 pm

And of course that date will change just like the last several have......
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Do you really need to travel with a gallon of shampoo?
Yes, doesn't everyone? meaning 100 ml. The bottle is 120ml.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
MN passed legislation to become compliant.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
MN passed legislation to become compliant.
WA is voting to explicitly remain non-compliant. Want to see the first day they reject most fliers drivers license at SEA.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Paplover
WA is voting to explicitly remain non-compliant. Want to see the first day they reject most fliers drivers license at SEA.
The airlines make a killing. Sorry you didn't have the needed documents and thus you need to purchase a new ticket.

of course they'll fail to tell people you can fly domestic without any ID.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Delete please.

Last edited by tvtd; Apr 19, 2017 at 5:53 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The airlines make a killing. Sorry you didn't have the needed documents and thus you need to purchase a new ticket.

of course they'll fail to tell people you can fly domestic without any ID.
I wonder how that is going to work for people with Clear since you don't have to show your ID at the airport. (or are you required to have a passport for clear, I can't remember if they required a passport or accepted a drivers license). Will they have to present a new drivers license to clear that is compliant first?

I flew one time with my Costco ID. I got in an accident driving to the DTW airport and since I had an Ohio drivers license and got sited was told they could keep my license as a bond. I always keep my passport and a credit card and an ATM card in my backpack in case my wallet gets lost or stolen for extra ID and emergency case but it happened while my passport was in the process of being renewed I remember I had to have my hands swabbed and I think they may have done a patdown as well

Last edited by jamesteroh; Apr 19, 2017 at 8:12 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
...I remember I had to have my hands swapped...
Did they swap them back, or do you shake with your left hand now?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Delete
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
Did they swap them back, or do you shake with your left hand now?
Oops, corrected LOL
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wonder how that is going to work for people with Clear since you don't have to show your ID at the airport. (or are you required to have a passport for clear, I can't remember if they required a passport or accepted a drivers license). Will they have to present a new drivers license to clear that is compliant first?

I flew one time with my Costco ID. I got in an accident driving to the DTW airport and since I had an Ohio drivers license and got sited was told they could keep my license as a bond. I always keep my passport and a credit card and an ATM card in my backpack in case my wallet gets lost or stolen for extra ID and emergency case but it happened while my passport was in the process of being renewed I remember I had to have my hands swabbed and I think they may have done a patdown as well
With Clear you don't need a passport, but Clear is at so few airports, not sure it helps. When I did my Clear appointment in Minneapolis, I mentioned I was getting a MN Enhanced Driver's License and the Clear rep said "We are not equipped to deal with those yet". That confused me as I was not sure why it would make a difference. I applied for my MN EDL and they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks. I checked the web site yesterday and it said it was in the mail (10 days from app). Not sure MN is equipped to handle the last minute rush to get EDL's to people who procrastinate until the last minute.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
With Clear you don't need a passport, but Clear is at so few airports, not sure it helps. When I did my Clear appointment in Minneapolis, I mentioned I was getting a MN Enhanced Driver's License and the Clear rep said "We are not equipped to deal with those yet". That confused me as I was not sure why it would make a difference. I applied for my MN EDL and they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks. I checked the web site yesterday and it said it was in the mail (10 days from app). Not sure MN is equipped to handle the last minute rush to get EDL's to people who procrastinate until the last minute.
Since they've passed legislation I doubt they'll cut off access if a bunch of people haven't gotten new licenses.

As for Clear, they make you answer the same three question ID pro essential during enrollment that TSA uses for no ID passengers. Thus I see no issue with Clear.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Since they've passed legislation I doubt they'll cut off access if a bunch of people haven't gotten new licenses.

As for Clear, they make you answer the same three question ID pro essential during enrollment that TSA uses for no ID passengers. Thus I see no issue with Clear.
Not worried about MN airports taking the old licenses, it is other states accepting them. Trying to explain to RSW need to accept a non compliant ID might be more complicated. Easier to just get the new compliant EDL now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.