FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Annual Reminder: Only a few days left to select Choice Benefits (by 31-Jan) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1816352-annual-reminder-only-few-days-left-select-choice-benefits-31-jan.html)

javabytes Jan 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Annual Reminder: Only a few days left to select Choice Benefits (by 31-Jan)

It's that time of year again. Make your Choice Benefit selections before they expire on January 31.

flyerCO Jan 19, 2017 12:00 am

Here's a link to the thread on this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-benefits.html

MSPeconomist Jan 19, 2017 10:30 am

You guys beat me to it, but let's try to keep one of these threads on page one of the DL forum until the deadline passes. I don't think it's good to make something like this a sticky because many people skip over the sticky thread titles.

MikeyZBT Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 27785071)
It's that time of year again. Make your 2016 Choice Benefit selections before they expire on January 31.

Thanks for that! Totally forgot to remind my father about his benefit.

kitkat77 Jan 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I picked my PM (miles) but am still waffling on the DM choices. One will be miles, but having trouble picking the 2nd.

Gifting Gold and the SkyClub exec are both useless as they expire Jan 31, 2017.

I can't really use the voucher or the gift card and already have GE.

So, GUC or RUC? I'm a weekly flier and have no international travel planned, but am likely to switch projects in March so after March it's very up in the air. I'm leaning toward RUC but I see how people have difficulty in using them...

ETA: I'd be very unlikely to book paid international travel unless it was for work due to many miles in the bank, and afaik GUC can't be used with PWM.

lbcnu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Thank you, thank you. I had totally forgotten!

jrl767 Jan 19, 2017 1:22 pm

thanks for the heads-up!

SNAGuy Jan 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Thanks for the reminder ... I know I have to do it but keep forgetting .... now what to choose

javabytes Jan 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 27787417)
You guys beat me to it, but let's try to keep one of these threads on page one of the DL forum until the deadline passes. I don't think it's good to make something like this a sticky because many people skip over the sticky thread titles.

[Resurfacing]

dk240t Jan 20, 2017 1:16 pm

2016 PM - still holding out deciding between miles, GC, and RUCs.

Just not sure I'll really use the RUCs well given my travel. But could provide more than the $200 in benefit to get me upgraded on some long flights I know I won't get upgraded this year as a silver that'll probably make gold sometime mid-year...if I actually take some flights >2hrs this year.

Grouchy Jan 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Received an email from Delta not so long ago:

You Have Choice Benefits Waiting
Urgent reminder: select your Choice
Benefits before January 31st.

IIRC it's the first time that they send a reminder about this ^

slcdc Jan 20, 2017 3:40 pm

I also got the reminder today! Thanks Delta ^

The BNA Gentleman Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Does anyone know how to Gift gold when the person who I'm gifting towards Gold expires on the 31st and it won't allow me to gift it?

flyerCO Jan 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy (Post 27798351)
Does anyone know how to Gift gold when the person who I'm gifting towards Gold expires on the 31st and it won't allow me to gift it?

It doesn't matter. Gold gifted as a 2016 choice benefit expires on Jan 31, 2017. It would be a waste to gift gold now. If you requalified for DM for 2017 you can gift gold on Feb 1 or later as your 2017 choice benefit.

flyingdoc747 Jan 22, 2017 8:01 am

Clarification

I made PM on Nov 2016. I was hoping to use the upgrade certificate on my first JFK-LAX flight later in the year. I don't have to choose my benefit before the 31st right? My choice benefit is for 2017, not for 2016, right?
thanks!