Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DarthPax
She took the bargaining in great spirits and I ended up happy with what I paid. They have a lot of leeway and having president's circle may help the negotiation a bit more. You never know.
I negotiated them down from $40 to $25/day to upgrade from a midsize to a Mercedes GLK recently. Even then, the upgrade more doubled the rental.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL
Not to be a tool for other programs, but once you get PC in Hertz you can status match to National and maybe Avis so this is a pretty good benefit.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Originally Posted by nmoe
I have been DM'ing Hertz since Monday and they just don't respond to my messages.
I've called about 5 times since January, every time I call and they find the promo they tell me they will update my status.

In February they sent me an email I no longer had Gold 5 Star status - I was happy, thinking the President's Club finally came through. NOPE!! They bumped me down to Gold.

I called again today, got bounced around - no one knows about the promotion/status match nor can find it. Last guy I was transfered to but me on hold to get some more info and then after almost 10 minutes the line went dead.

I emailed everyone again and referenced all the info in this post, promo code, the promo link, etc. Thank You Droidcore.

Have yet to get a response, and have never recieved an email response to any of my previous emails.

I don't have twitter and find it ridiculous that this "benefit" is SO difficult, for everyone - as it appears from this thread.

I'm giving them until tomorrow to respond, then will just give up and cancel my future rentals and go back to Avis, which is a disappointment as I like the Hertz reward program better and the 25% bonus points would've been nice.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by droidcore
I had this resolved today after Direct Messaging @Hertz on Twitter. Sent:
"Delta/Hertz Elite Status Promo: SkyMiles XXXXXXXX (Platinum Medallion) / Hertz Gold XXXXXXXX (Already Five Star) ...Signed up on Dec 15."

This evening it has been changed. Thanks for the public shaming and retweeting from Delta Points.

^
OK so twitter might work but for some of us non-tweeters, this is a total failure by DL and Hertz. I registered, realized I didn't have Hertz in my DL profile, added it and still I wait. E-mails to the Hertz addresses in this thread have gone unanswered.

Just another reason I'm taken my business to Avis.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
I just spammed all the email addresses 3 for Hertz, and 1 for Delta (I have been corresponding with Delta via email) again. The Frequent traveler email at Hertz told me 4 weeks ago to talk to Delta. I also tweeted Hertz, they are checking into it now, I'll report back
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I just checked and I got it. I don't believe I had it earlier this week. I only finally signed up a couple weeks ago.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
A little late to the party but I just registered for this promo. Any recent reports on how long it's taking these days? I've got some upcoming rentals...
Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by lax555
A little late to the party but I just registered for this promo. Any recent reports on how long it's taking these days? I've got some upcoming rentals...
Thanks!
It's been many months for Mrs. TrojanTraveler and me. I still have not received anything. Mrs. TrojanTraveler received her card in the mail last week.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:54 am

After a number of e-mails to Delta and Hertz, someone from the Delta Diamond desk came up with the following suggestion:

Please accept my apologies, Mr. ZKOKA for your inconvenience and
difficulty in attempting to Opt-in into the program. We have been
advised a glitch has been occurring in this regard. The workaround is to
go to:

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...status_benefit

1. Even though you are a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member, it is necessary
to re-save your Hertz GPR number under Car Preferences in your Profile
on Delta.com. Also, you will be logged in, but may be prompted to log-in
again.

2. It is repetition, but to ensure fulfillment, please edit and re-save
your Hertz GPR number here again (even though it appears to be correct
and properly saved already. This triggers your GPR number to be included
in the next file Delta forwards to Hertz.

When the GPR is saved, to opt-in (including entering your SkyMiles
number for eligibility verification) you will be prompted to go to:

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...status_benefit

If the Hertz GPR number is in place, a message will say:

YOU ARE ALREADY ENROLLED IN THIS PROMOTION

Mr. ZKOKA, I hope this information satisfactorily answers your
question.
What can I say, logged into Hertz GPR today and am now Pres Circle. ^
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Thumbs down

Be careful with Hertz, they're a ....ing disgusting company. Always double and triple check any addons (both on the website on your 'profile' with them and on the receipt before you drive off the late).

On more than one occasion I've had them cram fees on I didn't want - in one case it tripled the cost of a one day rental. To make matters super fun they don't show ANY of these addons throughout the entire checkin process until I was already in car and driving off the lot.

They give you zero costs or receipts or paperwork until you're literally at the exit of the lot, in a running car, ready to drive off. I ended up just driving off (had deadlines to meet) and then fought it once I got back. They refused to back down regardless of how I phrased the absurdity of it to them, luckily (after corporate and social media customer service failed) Amex realized how stupid they were and I did a chargeback.

Crappy crappy crappy crappy company, but usable if you watch very carefully.

So I guess, as usual around here, your mileage may vary. Just always doublecheck everything with them and make sure on their website that everything is set to Declined. They don't give a crap what you say you want when you arrive, they're going to charge you based on whatever settings you have in your hertz.com profile.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
After a number of e-mails to Delta and Hertz, someone from the Delta Diamond desk came up with the following suggestion:

Congratulations! It was not as painful for me when I linked my accounts. I did it not too long after the announcement. Pretty smooth in fact. Just that there is no physical card.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ZKOKA

I've been waiting since March, did this today, and it worked! Thanks much!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:53 pm

I recently noticed that I have not been getting the extra daily miles. Anyone else facing this issue? Booking was made online through Hertz with both the CDP code and the PC code.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I recently noticed that I have not been getting the extra daily miles. Anyone else facing this issue? Booking was made online through Hertz with both the CDP code and the PC code.
YUP. Had a lot of issues like that, had some rentals not awarded, threatened Hertz that I'd leave Hertz if they couldn't resolve, status-matched to National (Executive Elite for Hertz PC), now much, MUCH happier. Hertz support is absolute garbage. Best "check yuh later!" I've given to a lackluster business in a long timefeels good.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by droidcore
YUP. Had a lot of issues like that, had some rentals not awarded, threatened Hertz that I'd leave Hertz if they couldn't resolve, status-matched to National (Executive Elite for Hertz PC), now much, MUCH happier. Hertz support is absolute garbage. Best "check yuh later!" I've given to a lackluster business in a long timefeels good.
Not a very encouraging thing to hear. I have a case with Delta. Hopefully they can help me with that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.