Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Good question -- as I made PM, I saw no change in status with Hertz.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this still continuing, namely that DL DMs get Hertz Presdient's Circle (PC) status? Does it renew automatically or must you do something?
Mine is still showing, and I'm DL PM.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Big fan of having PC status. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've received some very nice upgrades. I always rent a cheap intermediate for $20-$30/day using the big UA miles CDP/PC codes (which nets met 2500 miles per rental) then getting nice cars like Infinitis and other nice full size vehicles. I expense the car and score a nice ride upgrade with a stack of miles. What's not to like about that?
hi55us likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Any other ways to PC besides Plat on Delta? I have the Amex Platinum and get Hertz Gold which is never anything to write home about...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Big fan of having PC status. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've received some very nice upgrades. I always rent a cheap intermediate for $20-$30/day using the big UA miles CDP/PC codes (which nets met 2500 miles per rental) then getting nice cars like Infinitis and other nice full size vehicles. I expense the car and score a nice ride upgrade with a stack of miles. What's not to like about that?
I’ve found my treatment as a PC member with Hertz has gotten dramatically better in the last 12 months or so. Not sure what changed, but the car quality has gone WAY up for me. I suspect part of it may be the expansion of self choice lots, where interesting cars do seem to be consistently parked in the PC area.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:14 pm

I am on my third Hertz PC rental and cannot be happier. I rented a standard or intermediate and I got a Jaguar (SJC), nice Cadillac (ATL), and a Nissan Maxima (LAS). Should have switched over a long time ago, but it sounds like these nicer cars is a recent change.

They teased me at LAS with Range Rovers and Mercedes near the PC row.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
At least lately Hertz wirh PC yields better cars than the comparable National status.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
My experience has gone downhill from outstanding to atrocious at my typical location (DCA). Extremely bad customer service upon return, a few times overcharged, and the last 4-5 times not much to select from the PC area.

A few weeks ago I picked up a rental at IAD and the service was significantly better.

I use the Amex Plat CDP and the discount is greater than the DL CDP. I also get a 4-hour grace period with the Amex CDP.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As PC, I don't get a car assigned anymore, just a text message saying "go to the PC area and pick whatever car you want there". At least at SJC and SFO (four-five times in the last few months).
I must be doing something wrong. My Hertz account says PC but I always get the pick a car from “Zone 2” on the display.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I signed up months ago, but my Hertz membership still says "Gold Plus."

What do I need to do to get PC? I signed-up through the DL portal and seem to have everything right.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:42 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by No_Name
I must be doing something wrong. My Hertz account says PC but I always get the pick a car from “Zone 2” on the display.
You're probably booking compacts and getting the one class upgrade. You have to book midsize or higher to get the PC choice.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by No_Name

I had to email and then call Hertz to activate this. You may want to try that.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I signed up months ago, but my Hertz membership still says "Gold Plus."

What do I need to do to get PC? I signed-up through the DL portal and seem to have everything right.
I called Delta on this and they say that there is sometimes a glitch between their systems and Hertz, and that they would manually push the update.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by CKDGM

You're probably booking compacts and getting the one class upgrade. You have to book midsize or higher to get the PC choice.
I always book intermediate, and I still get the choice option. I do use a code from my employer, I don't know if that makes a difference or not (I didn't have the option to pick any car before I got PC).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:18 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I always book intermediate, and I still get the choice option. I do use a code from my employer, I don't know if that makes a difference or not (I didn't have the option to pick any car before I got PC).
The way Hertz names their car classes, intermediate and midsize are the same thing (class C aka ICAR). I don't know why they have two different terms for the same thing that they seem to use randomly....

AFAIK, the way Hertz currently does car choice for Five Star or President's Circle is as follows:

If you reserve a midsize (C/ICAR) or larger, you get to choose from the Five Star or President's Circle zone as appropriate for your status. Presumably a PC member could pick from the 5* zone if they wanted to.

If you (as a 5* or PC) reserve a subcompact/economy (A/ECAR) or compact (B/CCAR) you get one size class upgrade, so you'd be offered a choice from the compact or midsize zones (but not the 5*/PC zones). For 5* that's "subject to availability", for PC that's a confirmed upgrade; in practice it probably matters only very rarely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.