Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Round the World Map

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
At It's obvious to me that, the IT department has NOTHING else to do, since . . . . .

They've fixed EVERYTHING!

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 15, 2017 at 10:49 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Best to use the route maps in the SKY Magazine

AND BRING A MAGNIFYING GLASS !
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by hfly
The map is useless
Useless as a trip planner or anything like that. But I always enjoy looking at high level route maps like this and doing a little daydreaming about possible places to go. Its more concept art than functional map.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:25 am

This is my favorite map
http://dl.fltmaps.com/en
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
A little humorous that they can put that in the magazine, yet the SkyClub callout on the ATL terminal map still lists the B10/B25 SkyClub.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Silver Meteor
In the February issue of Sky Magazine, (now on-line), it now includes a Delta Round the World Map, that shows everywhere Delta and ALL its partners fly outside of the domestic USA.
Kind of a interesting map.

http://msp.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vds2017/i2/p130
So funny. Must have been the result of an IT person's slow lunch time.

Meaningless, especially the note about Paris and Air France being the capital of European travel. Perhaps DL and AF as well as KE should arrange, after decades of cooperation, to align their seat maps as a start.

Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced. James Baldwin
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by appleguru
Very annoying to browse that mag on mobile :-/

here's what it looks like for everyone else... I agree, pretty useless, but still shows you some macro route trends I guess...

​​​​​​​Attachment 25135
They found a way to include their favorite buzzword, 'Enhanced,' in the map I see.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Team-
This isnt designed to aid in RTW trip planning - it is designed to show where you can use/earn miles - hence the inclusion of non ST partners (like Seaborne which is an airline!)

NW used to have something very similar. Its just for dreaming. And it looks kinda cool - like a www.flightmemory.com map

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.