Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by pgh234
I got 12k when my PTV didn't work on a (on time) two hour flight during that same weekend. 🤪
Did you have an attendant generate a file number you referenced or did customer service just take your word for it after the fact?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I had a more than 12 hour delays on two back-to-back flights in December and got nothing! They said weather, but gate agents had said mechanical. I asked to be reimbursed for hotel and car rides and I think they gave me a $50 gift card for that. Now that was pathetic.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: Skyteam
You did good.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by lucycan
Wife and I came home a few weeks ago (US flight) and the flight was cancelled mechanical. The found another plane 5 hours later and we arrived home just about 5 hours late (at 2am).

Wrote in and they offered 20k miles. That seems pathetic. Am I expecting too much?
I wrote in after a 5.5 hour delay and got NOTHING, not even a REPLY to my message - submitted through normal methods with all the flight information filled in. So at least you got a potential free flight out of your delay!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Had 3 hour delay this weekend.

Asked for nothing, got nothing.

They got me where I paid to go - safely.
Stuff happens. Why ask for compensation? It's life.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
Did you have an attendant generate a file number you referenced or did customer service just take your word for it after the fact?
Just took my word for it. It has probably been five years since I have written in a complaint though.
Frozenguy likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
If you want loads of compensation for canceled or delayed flights, you should probably move to Europe.
Great suggestion. Then the DL forum on FT wouldn’t have threads like this that allow you to bump your post numbers up with nonsensical replies!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by grifc0
Any views on what appropriate compensation is for 8 hour flight delay from CDG-JFK due to mechanical issues with incoming aircraft? (outside of EU 261 compensation which is set)?

Was offered 7,500 miles by email, seems a bit low.
You will get either EU261 compensation or direct DL compensation (typically miles) but not both. Choose which one you prefer.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
Had 3 hour delay this weekend.

Asked for nothing, got nothing.

They got me where I paid to go - safely.
Stuff happens. Why ask for compensation? It's life.
Why not ask for compensation? If they're at fault you're entitled to a little extra. It doesn't hurt Delta and it benefits you to do so.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL GM
Was originally booked in Y for DCA-ATL-EYW on 5/13/2022. A couple of days before the flights, I paid $590 for upgrade offer to first class for DCA-ATL (really wanted breakfast and a chance for a bit of sleep after a 6a departure time). The evening before the flight, 95 minute delay posted on DCA-ATL, which would have caused missed connection in ATL. With such a delay posting the evening before, I figured that my original DCA-ATL flight probably had a mechanical and would have a high likelihood of further delay or cancellation, rebooked to DCA-ATL-EYW flights later in the day, but had to accept Y seats for both flights as no C+ or F inventory was available. The app said during rebooking that "no credit would be available" if I accepted "cheaper seats". Delta online rep said they could not process compensation for an open ticket, but to contact them again after I completed the trip.

Should I expect to get an ecredit or refund for the $590?

Update: filed a complaint and got a case number assigned on 5/14/2022 - will report back with the results.

Last edited by chrisj85; May 14, 2022 at 9:33 am
Old May 18, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last Saturday morning I got a text stating that my MSY-SLC flight (connecting onward to PHX) that evening had been canceled and that I had been rebooked on a Sunday noon departure via IAH on United. I searched for alternatives on the app and found a MSY-MSP-PHX routing that left MSY about an hour earlier and arrived in PHX about 40 minutes earlier than the originally scheduled flights, preserving the RUC I had applied.

Midday Sunday I received an email from Delta...

Here at Delta, you come first, which is why we want to apologize for the travel disruption you experienced today. Reliability and providing excellent customer service are very important to us, and we fell short of our standards.

We will be issuing compensation via the email address or SkyMiles account we have on file in your reservations within the next 3 business days.
To be honest, (I know this is FT heresy) I wasn't expecting any compensation. The inbound from SLC was canceled for mechanical reasons and I was able to get to my destination before my originally scheduled arrival time in the same class of service I was booked in. The longer routing gave me extra MQMs.

The "3 business days" have passed and I haven't received any further emails or any unexpected additions to my SkyMiles account. Should I?
Old May 19, 2022, 11:40 am

Delta VDB Followed By Canx Flight

I was confirmed on a nonstop SAN-JFK using Delta miles. I volunteered to give up my seat for $800 in gift cards and a rerouting SAN-SEA-JFK. Instead of arriving in NY at 9 pm I would have arrived at 7 the following morning. Two hours before the SAN-SEA flight was scheduled to depart (and well after my original flight had departed), I received a text from Delta telling me the SAN-SEA flight was cancelled. They rebooked me to leave at 6 the following morning SAN-ATL-IND-JFK arriving in NYC c 14 hours later than I had agreed to. When I protested at the gate I was told they couldn't do anything and I'd have to to take it up with a gate agent in Atlanta the next day. I walked over to JetBlue and purchased a one-way ticket SAN-JFK for $653, cancelled the SAN-ATL-IND-JFK routing and requested that my miles be redeposited. Is it unreasonable for me to ask Delta to compensate me for the JetBlue ticket?
Old May 27, 2022, 2:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was ticketed RDU-LGA-PIT last weekend. RDU-LGA got delayed and while I waited on the delay, LGA-PIT cancelled. I was rebooked on AA and got in earlier than planned so I didn't think anything of it.

On Sunday Delta sent me an email saying I'd receive compensation within 5 days. Today I got 10,000 miles and an apology email. That was nice.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kale73
The "3 business days" have passed and I haven't received any further emails or any unexpected additions to my SkyMiles account. Should I?
So it was 9 days, but I noticed that 10,000 RDM were deposited into my account on May 23, labeled a "Weekend Cancelation Goodwill Gesture". I'm not going to turn it down (I certainly don't want to wait on hold for 3 hours to say "no thanks") but I'm not sure why they feel a need to compensate me for a relatively minor schedule change that actually got me to my destination 40 minutes ahead of time.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Flying BOS-DCA on 16 May, last leg of LHR-BOS-DCA in D1 using a GUC. Weather sent us to CHO and then crew timed out (they'd started at 4 am) and spent the night in CHO. Would have rented a car but the car rental companies wouldn't do a 1 way.
Got an email apologizing and crediting 15,000 miles for the inconvenience and telling me to respond with any receipts If you incurred any hotel, meal, or transportation expenses related to this flight disruption, please reply to this e-mail with copies of receipts because they may be reimbursable under Section 12 of the Delta Customer Commitment.
Which I've now done but it just went to the general comment email. So I guess I wait for a response now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.