Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by WannabePBA
For perspective, I only got 10k when my flight was cancelled during that crazy weekend last month with hundreds of flight cancellations. I went from a one-stop to a two-stop that arrived 7 hours later than my original booking. Then again, I didn't ask for it, they just gave it to me unprompted.
Same here
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
For perspective, I only got 10k when my flight was cancelled during that crazy weekend last month with hundreds of flight cancellations. I went from a one-stop to a two-stop that arrived 7 hours later than my original booking. Then again, I didn't ask for it, they just gave it to me unprompted.
Same here
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I got 12k when my PTV didn't work on a (on time) two hour flight during that same weekend. 🤪
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by pgh234
I got 12k when my PTV didn't work on a (on time) two hour flight during that same weekend. 🤪
I rarely use the seat back screens unless I'm on international, mainly load up my iPad with stuff, but I guess I should start checking for proper operation on all my flights....a good way to pad the mileage account apparently, lol.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
If you want loads of compensation for canceled or delayed flights, you should probably move to Europe.
lindros2, Adam1222 and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
You contacted DL and they offered something. You can ask for more or better yet, ask for what you want the first time around.
20k seems reasonable. But then, I would not likely complain too much anyway.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
20K RDMs are worth at least $200, so this seems generous to me.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
20K miles for a 5 hour delays seems about right. Annoying, but right.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by lucycan
Wrote in and they offered 20k miles. That seems pathetic. Am I expecting too much?
Yes
RobertS975, OHDL1, cre95 and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:25 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few years ago flying JFK-LAS, a toilet which was not serviced properly in JFK became inoperable mid-flight, we made a "special landing" to have it repaired. The female pilot proactively got all tickets refunded, DL even phoned me to make my choice of refund payment--cash was not an option, but there were lots of gift card choices, I recollect choosing Amazon.
With the unscheduled stop we were delayed about 1 hour.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by nrr
A few years ago flying JFK-LAS, a toilet which was not serviced properly in JFK became inoperable mid-flight, we made a "special landing" to have it repaired. The female pilot proactively got all tickets refunded, DL even phoned me to make my choice of refund payment--cash was not an option, but there were lots of gift card choices, I recollect choosing Amazon.
Not having operational toilets on a multi-hour flight is kind of a big deal.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lucycan
Wife and I came home a few weeks ago (US flight) and the flight was cancelled mechanical. The found another plane 5 hours later and we arrived home just about 5 hours late (at 2am).

Wrote in and they offered 20k miles. That seems pathetic. Am I expecting too much?
20k miles each is quite reasonable and the sheer tonnage of entitlement on FT these days is shocking if people think they should be compensated any more than the value of their ticket IMHO.
OHDL1, Adam1222, FLYPWM and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
20k miles is worth a minimum $200 or $40 for each hour of delay. Considering Delta has zero obligation to give passengers anything, I'd say it's a pretty reasonable comp.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by nrr
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Not having operational toilets on a multi-hour flight is kind of a big deal.
I get it that when you gotta go, you gotta go

How many operational toilets where there in the plane?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
"Pathetic" is a matter of opinion. Factually, it's in line with what DL typically offers.
Adam1222 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.