Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LordJohn
what did we do before Wifi? Oh I remember, we read a book I would be more upset if they were out of Woodford. Can I ask for compensation?
The problem is that with AVOD on flights, few people carry a book or other available reading material with them. If passengers were notified at OLCI that the aircraft would not have operational AVOD, customers could plan accordingly. Even if the announcement were made in the airport, in most places, people could quickly buy something airside, even if the book or magazine might not be their first choice.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Red face

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem is that with AVOD on flights, few people carry a book or other available reading material with them. If passengers were notified at OLCI that the aircraft would not have operational AVOD, customers could plan accordingly. Even if the announcement were made in the airport, in most places, people could quickly buy something airside, even if the book or magazine might not be their first choice.
that is what an ipad or kindle is for
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by LordJohn
that is what an ipad or kindle is for
That you must pre load with content.

Without notice many do not.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Clan Loganair
Originally Posted by AZwldcats
That you must pre load with content.

Without notice many do not.
Then Bear Down
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
No wifi or IFE on a paid D1 fare from ATL-GRU. Flight attendant gave me 5K miles. This is not good enough right? What realistically should I be requesting?
My wife got 10,000 for no IFE from Richmond,VA RIC-ATL just a couple weeks ago.
monitor likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta GM
Missed connection 8/6 due to weather. Had to overnight. Then got downgraded to main on the rebooked flight on a paid FC itinerary.

I'm due nothing, correct? Except maybe a goodwill gesture of some skypesos?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Missed connection 8/6 due to weather. Had to overnight. Then got downgraded to main on the rebooked flight on a paid FC itinerary.

I'm due nothing, correct? Except maybe a goodwill gesture of some skypesos?
did you voluntarily accept the main cabin downgrade? Or did they not give you the offer to wait until a flight with room was available?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
DL 373 - SLC-ATL 8/8 - red eye 330-300
Flight delayed 56 minutes because FAs’ incoming flight was late.
Upgraded to 7J 5 days out.
Lights above windows over rows 5-7 wouldn’t turn off.
FA apologized that because of their late arrival they hadn’t checked to be sure they could turn the light off and said she would request compensation because their app wasn’t working for them to do it.
By the time we landed in ATL 5000 miles had been posted to my account.
I’m satisfied.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had a flight SFO-ATL recently, and all the reading lights were out. I was reading an actual book, so I kind of needed it. The FA made a couple of attempts to fix it without success, then came by with her little touchpad and asked me to enter my email address to be forwarded on. I assumed they'd throw a few miles at me, but nothing three weeks later.

Should I bother to try to get something? I wasn't outraged or anything; my seatmate kept her window open for me, and I was able to finish my book by kind of holding it up to the last fading rays of the sun. But why not get a few miles if I can?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
PM on paid first and diversion to Huntsville for weather left me with an unplanned overnight in ATL. Had to accept downgrade for the ATL-VPS leg to get home today and we’re currently at 2.5+ hours and a plane swap over a mechanical on my new flight. (Unplugging it and turning it back on again just generates new error codes)

Weather happens but what’s fair for the downgrade and mechanical?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by beachmouse
PM on paid first and diversion to Huntsville for weather left me with an unplanned overnight in ATL. Had to accept downgrade for the ATL-VPS leg to get home today and we’re currently at 2.5+ hours and a plane swap over a mechanical on my new flight. (Unplugging it and turning it back on again just generates new error codes)

Weather happens but what’s fair for the downgrade and mechanical?
Opinions vary, but I have never requested compensation for a mechanical delay if I still got to my destination on the same day. That includes an ASA flight (remember them?) that left six hours late and I was convinced was not going to operate but finally it did.

Did Delta pay for your hotel room?

I think fare difference for sure, not sure if the $200 downgrade compensation is due since it is all because of weather.

Suggest you ask for $200 and fare difference - if you get that, call it a win.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:33 pm

I didn’t even ask about the hotel. I just booked a room for myself when we were on ground in. Huntsville because I wanted something close in and if I’d waited, the options would be poor
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:06 pm

Update- and then we sat on the runway for close to an hour and a half because Delta is down to one gate at VPS and an on time flight was at the gate as it was supposed to be. I guess they had a reason they couldn’t get us off the plane via stairs.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Update- and then we sat on the runway for close to an hour and a half because Delta is down to one gate at VPS and an on time flight was at the gate as it was supposed to be. I guess they had a reason they couldn’t get us off the plane via stairs.
Just repeat to yourself - ASA is gone, ASA is gone, ASA is gone......

beachmouse likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:29 am

Got a proactive e-mail this morning that 5000 miles will be deposited into my account in the next three business days for the 1:20 or so tarmac delay on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.