Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat
The arrival hot cookies weren't catered on a recent D1 flight and the FA proactively offered 5k skypersos when I asked. However, its been a couple weeks and they haven't posted. How long do miles from the FA take to post?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by runningformqm
The arrival hot cookies weren't catered on a recent D1 flight and the FA proactively offered 5k skypersos when I asked. However, its been a couple weeks and they haven't posted. How long do miles from the FA take to post?
Yo, Is this for real? $50 comp for a flippin cookie?!?!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by runningformqm
When on JFK CUN the IFE went out and everyone in FC got 15k miles proactively from the FA. It took one month to post
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by uppereastsider

When on JFK CUN the IFE went out and everyone in FC got 15k miles proactively from the FA. It took one month to post
oh wow thats awhile!! thanks
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:24 pm

Location: Based in DCA, but spending much time in Chile, Arizona, northern England, and airports
Programs: DL PM; Delta Amex Reserve
ROUTE BMI-ATL-DCA on 12/31
Fare: Delta Comfort purchased; upgraded to F BMI-ATL
What Happened: Got up at 4:00 for 6:00 am departure on DL 3585 BMI-ATL. Right after boarding I realized that water was slowly but persistently dripping on my head from the ceiling. FA notified pilot. After deplaning for mechanics to assess, it was determined that a seal around one of the lights on the top of the plane was cracked. Since electricity and water aren't a good combination, the plane was inoperable. The solution was to send a plane from Detroit, necessitating rebooking everyone. I called the elite line and was told that I would have to purchase new tickets in F to ATL on the only available flight (at 2:15) even though we'd been upgraded, as only F tickets were available. No compensation offered. The alternative was to wait for the plane to arrive from Detroit, which we did. The first departure time given was 4:50, which slid to 5:19, 5:34, 5:43, and 5:58. Our connection (in coach, not the DC I'd paid for) for ATL-DCA was scheduled for 9:17; we began deplaning at gate D38 at 5:45 and sprinted (as best as we could) to E34, arriving at 9:15. The door was still open and we made it home.

By the time we landed at DCA, we'd both gotten emails from Delta saying "we know we disappointed you" and offering 12500 miles each. This seems low considering some of the other compensation I've seen reported here.

To summarize:
1) 12 hour delay in initial flight due to mx
2) GM calling to rebook not offered comp and told to buy new F tickets despite having been upgraded to F on original flight
3) Seated in coach on second leg despite having purchased DC originally.

I'd appreciate thoughts and advice. Thanks.
Compensation: 12500 miles each
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:36 pm

ATL-PHX, no wifi or Live TV, what to ask for?

Booked a flight specifically for a plane with live tv/wifi to watch bowl game on plane last week. Found out after boarding that neither worked. Am a PM and used 80,000 points for both my spouse and I for the flight.

What should I say when I call to complain and what should i ask for/expect to get for compensation?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JTE458
Booked a flight specifically for a plane with live tv/wifi to watch bowl game on plane last week. Found out after boarding that neither worked. Am a PM and used 80,000 points for both my spouse and I for the flight.

What should I say when I call to complain and what should i ask for/expect to get for compensation?
I’d write a short, succinct and polite letter rather than calling, and I’d leave the amount of compensation up to the agent unless you have a concrete amount you paid over alternative flights. (For example, if the other non-Live TV itinerary cost 20k fewer miles per person, I’d highlight that difference when writing.) If you’re unhappy with the results, you can always write back or call, but leading with a demand for a certain amount of compensation is unlikely to be very productive.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Depends which team is yours. If you are a Notre Dame fan then I would remain quiet. :-)
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:44 pm

That's pretty normal for the live tv - happy when it works, but I never count on it and I think they have cut the channels they offer recently. Usually, you point it out to an FA during the flight and they issue you 10K miles on the spot (personally I think that is way to generous as we should all be able to live without a tv for a few hours), but free miles are free miles. I would ask for 10K miles as that is fairly standard and I wouldn't think that they would push back. Just submit an online complaint via their website, keep it short and sweet, and they will respond in a few weeks.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JTE458

Just state what happened and they will probably throw some miles your way however what type of equipment where you on? Not all DL planes with AVOD have live TV and some that do use WiFi to stream it, so if the WiFi doesn’t work, the live TV won’t.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:05 pm

route: BZN-LAX-SMF
fare: 2x first class w/ 2 for 1 voucher
Event: initially delayed 2hrs for battery change and charge, ga closed the connection 8 mins before departure (saw the bridge pill away from our gate next door), would have made the flight with 3-4 more minutes. Caught next flight. Total delay 4 hrs.
why I'm confused: my wife and I both received 50 dollar vouchers on the date of travel (Christmas day) but no email or other signal of what it's for. Anybody have a similar experience?
​​​​​
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Same thing happened on my last Jet Blue flight. I said nothing because I watched a downloaded movie instead. Two days later I received an email that said I was being given a $15 credit for the inconvenience.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have moved JTE458's inquiry to the master compensation thread where there a discussions of failed AVOD.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:35 am

It was one that listed live tv in the options on the video screen so yes I assume when wifi went down so did the live TV. I tried to email them a complaint and will see what the response is. Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:45 am

It was Miami, so yeah it wasn't so bad to not watch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.