Delta Compensation Definitive Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
oops wrong forum.

Mod please move this to Delta forum. Thanks.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by booyaa
oops wrong forum.

Mod please move this to Delta forum. Thanks.
Done!
Old May 23, 2011, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think there is any rule. Had a full day delay on ATL-MUC a few years ago due to a mechanical and DL was only giving out $100 vouchers.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Think of it as an enhanced Delta experience... plus, you can totally double down on the soup and oatmeal in the Skyhole...
Old May 23, 2011, 10:39 pm

Had a 27 hour delay once due to mechanical in CUN (waited overnight for a new tire to be flown in). DL provided rooms and meals at an all inclusive resort (alas not on the ocean). No compensation was offered but some passengers asked and then word spread that they were handing out $100 vouchers. I submitted a survey form sent to me about the experience and gave DL a few positives but also some negatives about how the delay was handled and several weeks later received an apology letter along with a $250 E-Cert. I am not sure if my PE status was a factor in the additional compensation I received.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
I just saw in this thread: Voluntary Bump Compensation Mistake? that someone was offered USD400 for a VOLUNTARY bump only to be retracted due to volunteer no longer needed. And yet a passenger-uncontrollable, mechanical, 24-hr delay was only offered USD200. This just doesn't seem right...
Old May 23, 2011, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by booyaa
I just saw in this thread: Voluntary Bump Compensation Mistake? that someone was offered USD400 for a VOLUNTARY bump only to be retracted due to volunteer no longer needed. And yet a passenger-uncontrollable, mechanical, 24-hr delay was only offered USD200. This just doesn't seem right...
It doesn't seem right from your point of view. But not from the regulator's one.
IDBs are under the carrier control, most of them happen because of overbooking. Therefore government regulators require a lot of paperworks for every IDB case + $$$ compensation. That's why most of the airlines are so generous in VDB compensation.

Mechanical (as well as weather by the way) is a completely different case. Any significant penalty or compensation in these cases would provoke carriers to "cut the corners" in mechanical, which are, in 99%, safety issues.
Old May 24, 2011, 4:37 am

DTW - MNL mechanical $200 voucher. Sounds right.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Hotel plus meal vouchers and $200 is the going rate for TPAC compensations for PM/DM.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
$200 seems low for a tpac in my book when a MX causes a 24hr delay. I'd say take the voucher and also submit a complaint online or call post flight recovery and ask for more.
Old May 24, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Sounds low, I was at ATL once and they were offering $400 and a hotel on a CRJ flight due to weight and balance for people to wait until the next day when according to the rules they are not required to provide comp. for IVD due to weight and balance on small aircraft.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
45 minute delay (traffic) and no AC on outbound and 2 hour delay (mechanical) on return - neither delay resulted in water being offered (especially bad on the first delay with no AC). What should I ask for as compensation?

I have no skyteam status...

Last edited by 100% Green; Jun 6, 2011 at 8:28 am
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:47 pm

Compensation for Delayed Bag on TATL flight?

New to this forum (few weeks) and new to Delta (about 1 year & currently Delta Platinum) - please forgive me if my post is a bit rambling. I flew business class from BOM - AMS - MSP and checked 1 medium sized bag in BOM. Bag did not arrive in MSP (had the usual yellow Sky Priority tag). Reported to the MSP Delta counter - the whole thing was handled cursorily and they were not sure why it was not loaded in AMS despite the bag arriving correctly on the previous connection, 4 hrs earlier. Delta delivered the bag to my house, 48 hrs later.

Do folks see any advantage of Sky Priority Tags on luggage (? more sure luggage delivery) or is it just a feel good marketing gimmick?

Are there some rules about how this is normally handled? Is it fair to expect some kind of compensation for the inordinate delay in returning the baggage and inconvenience or is this part of “grin and bear it” cost of flying?

How does one go about giving feedback to Delta about this?

I always enjoy the wise and selfless advice on this forum. Thank you.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Send them an email. Seems the issue was KLM possibly not DL. Since it was on your return trip, probably not that big of a deal. Might give you a small amount of miles, but no major compensation.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
I always put the tags on the bags. I have not had a bag misconnect in I don't know how long (and I almost always check a bag). Whether or not the tags have anything to do with that is anybody's guess. However, having the tags visible has enabled me to be quickly shuffled to shorter priority lines and less busy checkpoints, especially at MSP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.