2017 - 2018 - 2019 Compensation Thread

Old Jan 10, 17, 1:22 pm
was WWads
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
2017 - 2018 - 2019 Compensation Thread

Route: CVG-ATL-BTR
Fare: First (RP)
What Happened: Three hour delay at ATL due to ExpressJet issues. Baggage ended up being loaded on the wrong flight, and it took about three days for them to track it down.
Compensation: 7,500 Miles and $75 gift card. Received personalized email after missed call.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jan 10, 17 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 11, 17, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Bag Delay + Ice Storm

Route: MCO-JFK-BUF-ATL-MCO
Fare: Comfort Plus (W)

What Happened: Rough trip from start to finish. MCO was a nightmare for checking in on Jan 2nd with 4 hour lines for kettles, 1 1/4 hours for sky priority. Bags dropped off at Sky Priority but never loaded onto my flight. Got my bags 6 hours later dropped off at the hotel I was at, however e-mails that were supposed to go out notifying me they found the bags and were on the way were sent at the exact same time the bags were delivered. On the return trip the Ice Storm hit ATL, delaying me by 2 hours on the BUF-ATL, then knocking out my ATL-MCO flight on friday night after it was delayed by 5 hours. Next day on the rebooking we took many rolling delays and changed gates 7 times. Terrible communication about the delays by the gate agents and red coats, and very, very understaffed on Saturday AM, though TBH I wouldn't be surprised if many employees called in, unable to drive to the airport.

Compensation: 10,000 miles and a call apologizing for the incident.
Old Jan 11, 17, 12:16 pm

Route: SAV-JFK
Fare: Cheap FCM (I think A?)
Status: PM + non status wife. non status son on separate ticket with linked PNR.

Took advantage of an $85 FCM offer for my son & I each to upgrade r/t. Wife never got an offer to upgrade.

The SAV-JFK route was downgraded from an CR9 to a CR2 less than 24 hours before the flight moving us from 2C/D to 11A and 9C. 3 hours before the flight Delta called and offered to reroute me via ATL so that we could stay in F, which we declined. Flight sucked in the back of a CR2 but i just wanted to get home.

Upon landing I saw an email w/ Delta refunding the entire upgrade charge and each of us got 5,000 skymiles.
Old Jan 13, 17, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Select+
JFK CUN
Z fare
PM Status

IFE system wasn't working for a lot of seats. FA walked around and proactively offered everyone in FC with IFE issues 15k miles. Took our skymiles number and put it in their PDA.

Thanks Delta!
Old Jan 13, 17, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
Route: LAX-MSP-IND-LAX
Fare: First (P)

What Happened: I had listed a peanut allergy in my reservation for all 3 segments of the trip. But on all 3 flights the snacks were the normal ones, including nuts, in both cabins. No announcements about allergies were made at the gate or on-board. This was after the check-in agent for IND-LAX had told me she saw the notation in my reservation. I sent a complaint notifying them about what happened, but did not ask for compensation, just that the policy be adhered to.

Compensation: 7,500 Miles offered by phone call with apology and promise to forward to in-flight operations team
Old Jan 17, 17, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Route: ATL-MCO
Fare: WU
What Happened: Boarded plane and was greeted by an extremely dirty tray table. The backside was a lot of dried coffee and the top side was mostly dry with some still barely wet. Seemingly just missed between flights.

Emailed and attached photos. Was sending as a 'hey might want to have people double check some basic items' and didn't expect anything to come of it.

Call this morning from Delta thanking me for bringing it to their attention. Thanking me for being a PM and even mentioned I had a busy January coming up on Delta. Then said 10,000 SkyMiles will post in 3-5 days.
Old Jan 24, 17, 12:03 pm

Programs: dl platinum
Route: PHX-ATL
Fare: Coach

What Happened: Checked bag didn't show in ATL after 45 mins went to skypriorty baggage. They said that it was somewhere floating around airport and they would deliver in AM to my house. At 6am I got an alert via iphone app that my bag was loaded on a flight to CHA (I live in ATL). Called and they said they would get it on next flight back to ATL bag arrived at my house about 2045 that evening.

Compensation: All I got was an canned apology email. I replied back asking for 10k skymiles and haven't heard back.
Old Jan 29, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
Route: SEA-ATL
Fare: First (RD)

What Happened: Inbound flight (ATL-SEA) equipment issue at ATL causing delay at SEA for four hours. Bags were loaded onto a different flight without asking for my permission. Due to very late arrival (2am the next day), had to use Uber instead of subway to get to my destination.

Compensation: Received a call offering 10,000 Miles and $25 check to cover Uber, more than one week after I sent out the complaint email.
Old Jan 30, 17, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sqg13 View Post
Route: SEA-ATL
Fare: First (RD)

What Happened: Inbound flight (ATL-SEA) equipment issue at ATL causing delay at SEA for four hours. Bags were loaded onto a different flight without asking for my permission. Due to very late arrival (2am the next day), had to use Uber instead of subway to get to my destination.

Compensation: Received a call offering 10,000 Miles and $25 check to cover Uber, more than one week after I sent out the complaint email.
Time frame is normal. They probably sort through and handle a LOT of complaints/comments. Many of them a huge and gigantic waste of time.
Old Feb 3, 17, 2:44 pm

Route: BWI-CUN
Fare: V (pay with points too,not sure that matters)

What Happened: Prior to departure we were told the aircraft for our trip was "undersized" for a trip of this length, therefore more fuel was needed and baggage would have to be removed but would be at the airport on a different flight from DTW-CUN a few ours after ours. Upon arrival, we simply waited in baggage area for a bit and then realized there was no DTW-CUN coming until the next day. At that point baggage services was backed up and we finally found out bags wouldnt be there until the following day. Had we known that already, we wouldn't have simply wasted time waiting. Frrhter on the following day, the bags seemed to arrive at the airport at 12:45pm but didnt arrive at our hotel (20 minutes form the airport) until after 7pm that day. Submitted delayed baggage claim paperwork with receipts of incidentals and clothing (about $280). Separately submitted complaint (basically the above verbage plus a bit) via website.

Compensation: 2 $100 Delta vouchers (1 for me and 1 for my wife) for 1 year from date of travel.

Incidentally, that response was issued <4 calendar days after online submission, but still have no response on baggage delay claim after 2+ weeks.
Old Feb 4, 17, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by chiefkays View Post

What Happened: I had listed a peanut allergy in my reservation for all 3 segments of the trip. But on all 3 flights the snacks were the normal ones, including nuts, in both cabins. No announcements about allergies were made at the gate or on-board. This was after the check-in agent for IND-LAX had told me she saw the notation in my reservation. I sent a complaint notifying them about what happened, but did not ask for compensation, just that the policy be adhered to.

Compensation: 7,500 Miles offered by phone call with apology and promise to forward to in-flight operations team
Old Feb 4, 17, 8:14 pm

So did you suffer from anaphylactic shock?
Old Feb 4, 17, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by chiefkays View Post

Did you tell any of your gate agents or flight attendants about your allergy, especially after your first flight served nuts?
Old Feb 6, 17, 1:49 pm

Route: DTW-PEK
Fare: First (X + Global Upgrade)

What Happened: Meal service started about 2 hours into the flight. I ordered the seafood pasta. Started eating and found a surprise hiding the 5th or 6th bite. It was a large piece of plastic, obviously from the bag the food was packaged in prior to heating and serving. Glad I didn't accidentally swallow it as I was on my way out of the country.

Compensation: The Purser immediately granted me 15,000 Miles on the plane. Wrote Delta a nasty gram when I got back to the US. Got a call 10 days later offering another 25,000 miles + a $300 gift certificate. All I really wanted was my Global Upgrade to be reinstated but Delta rep said he didn't have the authority to do that.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6, 17, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PP
Wrote a letter regarding the poor customer service I received from the DM line and criticizing the SDC policy and received a $300 voucher for future travel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: