Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is the earliest US bound flight from NRT in the morning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL

My in-laws are currently in Cambodia and need to get back to Atlanta asap. They land at NRT at 6 am and want to get on the earliest flight back to the US and to ATL. The earliest Delta flights from NRT I saw were 3-5pm.. There is an ATL flight at 5:30 just hoping to get them in sooner. I looked at SEA, LAX, SFO, MSP, ORD, HNL...any other thoughts?

Last edited by remphish1; Jan 5, 2017 at 6:28 am
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Focusing not on earliest departure from NRT, but earliest arrival at ATL, departing NRT on Friday, Jan. 6, the best I see DL-coded is NRT-PDX-ATL, arriving 9:31PM same day.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by remphish1
My in-laws are currently in Cambodia and need to get back to Atlanta asap. They land at NRT at 6 am and want to get on the earliest flight back to the US and to ATL. The earliest Delta flights from NRT I saw were 3-5pm.. There is an ATL flight at 5:30 just hoping to get them in sooner. I looked at SEA, LAX, SFO, MSP, ORD, HNL...any other thoughts?
The fastest (and earliest returning) routing back to ATL is the direct to ATL from NRT. This includes flying a partner like KE, or flights out of HND through MSP or LAX.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: DL PM, 1.1MM
Can they fly into ICN instead of NRT? There's a 9am--9am KAL flight
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:58 am

Early DL Fllights to the U.S. from NRT

Originally Posted by remphish1
You might get an earlier flight on another airline, but probably not directly to ATL. DL's flights are in the afternoon for many reasons, including NRT arrival times and turnaround times and DL's schedules connecting from other Asian airports, such as SIN, for those U.S. flights.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone appreciate all the different angles to look at!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL is down to 4 non-stop's from NRT to US mainland these days:

NRT-SEA 5:25PM daily
NRT-PDX 5:30PM 5x weekly (exc. Tue/Wed)
NRT-ATL 5:35PM daily
NRT-DTW 5:45PM daily

No more NRT-LAX/MSP/JFK/SFO (although LAX and MSP get HND service as mentioned above)

Quickest option looks to be AA176 or JL12 to DFW and then DL2155 to ATL with 12:49PM arrival.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 5, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If they don't have to be on DL, the best bet is JL/AA or NH/UA:

NRT - DFW - ATL leaves NRT at 1130am and gets back to ATL at 1:30pm and NRT - IAH - ATL leaves NRT at 10:50am and gets back to ATL at 1:18pm.

If there is anyway they can land at HND the following is showing to me as an option to:

HND - NGO (JL) - DTW - ATL - leaves HND at 805am and lands in Atlanta at 2:19pm.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Let us know what you find. A great search tool is google flights for future use.

No matter they do, it is going to be expensive.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:02 am
Original Poster

On another note they were originally booked in biz. Hopefully that will help them having less out of pocket expense if they make a change...

Last edited by remphish1; Jan 5, 2017 at 9:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.