Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seats A330 Lie Flat with kids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Best Seats A330 Lie Flat with kids

Have a flight, wife and I with our 6 and 4 year old. We are in Delta One, please don't respond with my kids shouldn't be up there, they will be and are frequent well-behaved flyers. That being said, this will be our families first time in the Lie Flat 1-2-1 config. In your experiences, what is the best seating config. I know there are partitions in the middle seating. My thoughts are child-parents in the middle-child. So that we can easily attend to our kids if needed across the aisle. My other thought is to select the last row, Row 9, so we don't disturb anyone behind us who might have to watch me hand a snack to my 4 year old. I know the galley is directly behind row 9, thoughts, any experience? thanks for input
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:52 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I would take window-aisle window-aisle on two consecutive rows (e.g. 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) so everyone can get to everyone else.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
I would take window-aisle window-aisle on two consecutive rows (e.g. 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) so everyone can get to everyone else.
I have kids the same age (7 and 4 in my case), and I would go with the middles if traveling with them and my wife.

Fwiw, on the A330, the window and aisle seats are angled away from each other so very hard to pass snacks. BUT the middles are angled to each other making them much better if traveling with a companion.And the barrier between the middles is low.

Opposite is true on the 777.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:53 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
We flew the A330 with one kid (age 10) and the best arrangement was to have him in a middle with to one parent. I was across from him in the window seat, and while I could interact with him to some degree, the angle of the seats made this awkward.

I'd go with the recommendation of 2 rows of middles with a parent and kid in each row. This would give you a parent next to each kid. If you stagger things correctly, the other parent can get to the kid via the aisle for bathroom breaks etc.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Don't use the window seats. Use the interior seats, one parent on each row, staggered:
Parent on aisle (left side) - Child on aisle (right side)
Child on aisle (left side) - Parent on aisle (right side)
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:14 pm

I flew to Greece with my 10 year old in the spring on the 330. Following the information I read here and on other sites, I chose two middle seats for our flights. After our outgoing flight I changed our seat selection to window/aisle for the return flight. By having the two middle seats I was unable to help stow/retrieve my child's luggage in the overhead and it was difficult to reach him for simple assistance. The aisle/window worked much better for us, I was at the window. I was better able to see him once he laid down and it was easier to help him from across the aisle.

YMMV
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by susanc
I flew to Greece with my 10 year old in the spring on the 330. Following the information I read here and on other sites, I chose two middle seats for our flights. After our outgoing flight I changed our seat selection to window/aisle for the return flight. By having the two middle seats I was unable to help stow/retrieve my child's luggage in the overhead and it was difficult to reach him for simple assistance. The aisle/window worked much better for us, I was at the window. I was better able to see him once he laid down and it was easier to help him from across the aisle.

YMMV
It would be different with two and two as you can arrange to have one parent on each aisle.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: SPG, DL
Middle-middle on the 330 is significantly better. You are facing each other and don't have to be a strange contortionist to get to the other person. Also, assistance middle-middle is significantly less disturbing to other passengers (and FAs trying to do service) than across an aisle.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
If you expect to have give physical assistance regularly (like getting up to help them go to the bathroom, which can happen a lot more often than you may think esp with a 4 yo), window and middle is the way to go, IMO. If you have middle-middle you need to walk all the way around if you need to get them out.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:20 am

I have something like this coming up, and took two different approaches depending on the routing.

for the daylight flight I am running middle middle, two rows, for ease of reach. (Thanks for the parent staggering suggestion above!)

however, for the overnight flight, I'm taking 4 windows in a row, so the kids can look at the stars at night. The a330 window seats are pointed out perfectly, and the routing should take us through prime northern lights territory on this side of the plane.

Last edited by sogi; Jan 1, 2017 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Avoid Row 9. Did this with my toddler daughter- after the meal service she went to sleep, then galley noise woke her up and she wouldn't go back to sleep for 8 hours. I would go for center bulkhead in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.