Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Selecting Seats on Westjet Flights Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting Seats on Westjet Flights Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
call WS

and yes I suspect WS will charge for baggage
I'm in Japan, so that is out. I guess I could fire up skype but will just hope for a co-terminal SDC to JFK on Delta connection. Time for some Sake!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
kanpai!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Seat selection is free if you do it upon check-in. Officially there is no co-terminal SDC, by the way.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
kanpai!
you can say that again, Japan ranks up there as one of my favorite countries of all time. Just experienced some great Portuguese food served by Japanese girls and really awesome Belgium beer served by even hotter Japanese girls!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHXflier
Seat selection is free if you do it upon check-in. Officially there is no co-terminal SDC, by the way.
While it is not official policy, I have never had a problem as a Diamond. I hope they don't decide to change how they feel about co-terminal. I doubt it. Its been a pretty long standing (unofficial) policy.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by KeepItReal
While it is not official policy, I have never had a problem as a Diamond. I hope they don't decide to change how they feel about co-terminal. I doubt it. Its been a pretty long standing (unofficial) policy.
Yes, I have the same experience. I just wanted to point out that when they do it it is a favor rather than something you can insist on. From anecdotal evidence I know that passengers without or with lower status (Silver) may not be successful with a co-terminal switch.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:06 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Flew twice this year on WestJet. First flight was MCO-YYZ, flight had a DL originator. This was last minute, seat assignment was at check-in. No charge on luggage.
Second flight was YYZ-YQR via YYC. Reserved seat on YYZ to YYC leg for $20.-. Which was good, because flight was full. Second leg was little prop and half empty. No charge for luggage for Diamond
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
West jet isn't covered by the SDC policy. Officially only DL and AS when moving to DL is allowed.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL PM
I was unable to pick a seat or SDC as a PM flying BOS-YYZ on WESTJET ENCORE (Q400 puddle skipper). Was surprised to pick up 500 MQMs, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.