Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Problems with new version of the Fly Delta App

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with new version of the Fly Delta App

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I got a notification that my <Android> auto-updated the Delta app a couple of hours ago, but, I was afraid to try'n open it!

Not sure what to do now!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Cyberian
Android App v4.1 worked perfectly to book later connection after MX issues in BIL this morning, then took it's sweet time to acknowledge that I had, in fact, made it to SLC and needed a boarding pass for the now much later destination flight. Kiosks were also wonky and offered to print, never produced.
I love the 4.5 Android app and am sticking with it until Delta dumps auto checkin (and more than just once).

NOT Upgrading my Fly Delta App to version 4.6 SAVED ME last weekend! - Renés PointsRenés Points

I have the APK for the 4.5 backed up on my blog and available for anyone who wants it on Android.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
DL has added a feature to opt-out of auto check in on version 4.7 and later. I'm not sure why everyone is now so scared to update (I didn't update to 4.6 but when 4.7 came out I did) I just click the little X in the top right corner when it ask me to acknowledge the terms to complete auto-check in and it doesn't check me in.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I am also unable to log in. Twitter Delta seems to be saying two different things, but one of their tweets seems to indicate that the app is down.

"Hi, Jez! I’m so sorry for your experience, unfortunately, both the website and the app are down at the moment, however, our IT team is diligently working to get it back up and functioning properly. I apologize for the inconvenience. *TJN"
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:58 am

App is Fine on Pheum

Originally Posted by PeggyJM
Hi, is anyone else having problems with the updated version (4.1) of the Delta app? I've never had problems with it before and use it whenever I fly to track my bags, check the upgrade waitlist, etc. It was working fine on the 11th when I flew from Singapore to Minneapolis but my husband is flying tomorrow and was telling me about all the problems he was having with it crashing as soon as he launches the app and I told him that it "never" happens when I use it. Sure enough, when I tried to launch my app, the same thing happens to me. Right now, the app won't work at all. I tried to delete the app and reinstall and noticed that the new version was released on December 12th, which might explain why I had no problems on the 11th but can't use it now. Since we are both having problems with different mobile devices on different continents, I would assume that we aren't the only ones having issues. Has anyone had problems and been able to sort through it so that it works? Thanks!
No problems with the DL IPhone App, but DL is a big-boy airline. I cannot understand why they have done away with the IPad App, as one now just use the iPhone App on an iPad. Big-boy airlines do not do that.It is not enough to do our best; sometimes we have to do what is required: Winston Churchill
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
No problems with the DL IPhone App, but DL is a big-boy airline. I cannot understand why they have done away with the IPad App, as one now just use the iPhone App on an iPad. Big-boy airlines do not do that.It is not enough to do our best; sometimes we have to do what is required: Winston Churchill
My guess would be they deemed it unnecessary since the iPad browser renders the Delta desktop website correctly now, whereas in the past the tablet browsers weren’t that great. I’d use that over trying to load the iPhone app on an iPad.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:22 pm

Do weather waivers show on the app?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:54 pm

Feed > News has notices currently such as "Southeast Winter Weather" & "Amsterdam Gusty Winds"

Originally Posted by rove312
Do weather waivers show on the app?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Feed > News has notices currently such as "Southeast Winter Weather" & "Amsterdam Gusty Winds"
I think the original question was meant to be, does the app allow rebooking under weather waiver rules?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:14 am

I meant "Do they show?" and appreciate the answer. If it comes to needing to rebook, I see that there's a "You can now edit your itinerary" link on the waiver page, but it's always good to know how that works in practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.