Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Detroit police drag a woman off DL2083 DTW>SAN today.

Detroit police drag a woman off DL2083 DTW>SAN today.

Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GUWonder
By DET, the person meant Detroit with its main airport being DTW.
Right, but at FT we're pedantic and would point out that the code for the whole Detroit area is DTT
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:42 am

The goo.gl link for the ATL incident has expired, here's the current one:

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/p...ysCViGR4IlyfN/
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Is there some kind of protest on planes movement going on?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
If this is to become a "thing" then perhaps at the next retrofit Delta could ask that Boeing add an ejector seat so that these passengers could simply be disposed of in the most convenient way possible. Perhaps a standard ejection seat for use while on the tarmac and a pneumatic tube system for in-flight use.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
The goo.gl link for the ATL incident has expired, here's the current one:

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/p...ysCViGR4IlyfN/
That 404s as well now.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
It is extremely disturbing. What warrants such treatment, I can't imagine.
If someone refuses to get off the plane and becomes dead weight, what else can they do. Perhaps a stretcher if it can fit down the aisle.

If people would do the right things and follow the airline and police instructions, things like this would not happen. This needs to be done quickly because of delays of this flight and flights at this gate and flights later in the day. But more important is the safety of the passengers and crew onboard the aircraft.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:41 pm

I know every airport police force is different. Every lucky chance I've gotten to see police interactions at my airport, the officer gives the passenger one chance to comply by saying something like "you have one shot to come with my voluntarily. If you don't, I'll show you out." If the person doesn't immediately comply, they "get" to use enough force necessary to move the passenger from the area. I kinda think they look forward to it. Airport policing seems like really boring business.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That 404s as well now.
If this is the same incident, it happened last July:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atla...port/387300343
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Lunken has regular commercial (technically charter) service again. Ultimate Air Shuttle to MDW, BKL, CLT, and MMU. More destinations to hopefully follow.
Yep...Lunken is home to a lot of business jets such as P&G etc. Was driving by Lunken today when I noticed a KY ANG C-130 loading up. I had hoped to see a take-off...but, I was running short on time and I had to leave before they did. Also, Bengals fly into Burke...if they aren't on a 767 like this past week.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Yep...Lunken is home to a lot of business jets such as P&G etc. Was driving by Lunken today when I noticed a KY ANG C-130 loading up. I had hoped to see a take-off...but, I was running short on time and I had to leave before they did. Also, Bengals fly into Burke...if they aren't on a 767 like this past week.
The way the Bengals are playing this season they deserve that old DC-3 from Major League.... or the bus from Major League.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Twas the point of the reply. It poked fun at fact that person isn't flying through DET, which doesn't have commercial service.
That point wasn't missed. The reply to that point was that it doesn't take genius to know that the FTer was talking about Detroit.

DET is used to refer to Detroit in various corporate contexts, even as DET is indeed not a city or airport code commonly used by the airline and civil aviation community to refer to a Detroit airport.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
That point wasn't missed. The reply to that point was that it doesn't take genius to know that the FTer was talking about Detroit.

DET is used to refer to Detroit in various corporate contexts, even as DET is indeed not a city or airport code commonly used by the airline and civil aviation community to refer to a Detroit airport.
still baffled what *your* point is. Do you think nineworldseries didn't realize that the poster meant Detroit? Or, because it's so obvious that they meant Detroit, that there's NO HUMOR to be found
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, PC PL AMB, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
As long as folks are being pedantic: DET actually is a valid IATA code for the Coleman A. Young Municipal Airport in Detroit (which hasn't had commercial service since 2000). I believe it is still active for general aviation. (And yes, we all know the poster meant DTW.)
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thanks for your participation.
Locking this one up
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.