Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Detroit police drag a woman off DL2083 DTW>SAN today.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Detroit police drag a woman off DL2083 DTW>SAN today.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mpheels
I once saw a passenger board with a BP for a different flight, so I assume he boarded without scanning (it was an ATL-RDU flight, and he was ticketed for the next scheduled ATL-RDU trip). He boarded and found his seat across the aisle from me. No one noticed a problem until a second passenger boarded with a BP for the same seat. The confused passenger was embarrassed and polite. He deplaned when asked, and everyone went on their merry way.
I have done this several times. RDU-ATL is a route I fly frequently, so now I'm wondering if you may have seen me.

Once on FL, the earlier flight was delayed, I got to the gate, went directly to the men's room and upon my return, they were boarding. It was only after takeoff that I realized I was on the wrong flight. I was sitting in the front row. The flight attendant was still sitting. I told her what happened and she said she already knew. They just changed me to the earlier flight when they realized it rather than taking me off the plane.

Another time, on AmericaWest I got on the wrong flight from PHX-SAN. The people assigned my seat pointed out there were two flights flying that route at the same time. I did the walk of shame and ran to the correct flight. Not only was I mortified that everyone on the plane saw this, but I saw the same people at baggage claim in SAN, including the people who tossed me out of their seat.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Is this the only way to remove a passenger from the plane against their will? Seems like lots of potential for stuff waiting to happen. Injuries to passenger and the LEO.
I thinking the same thing. Seems to me, LEO's must have some kind of duty of care toward the offender. I was wondering why they didn't strap her into one of those wheelchairs that can be used onboard the plane and wheel her off.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I thinking the same thing. Seems to me, LEO's must have some kind of duty of care toward the offender. I was wondering why they didn't strap her into one of those wheelchairs that can be used onboard the plane and wheel her off.
Yes! This appears inhumane. And did they really tase her or is she playing possum so as not to cooperate? I find this very disturbing.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Hey Renes Points....nice feature of your site just now on the CBS Evening News!
Thanks but all credit goes to my amazing readers (and the one who shared with me).

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Yes! This appears inhumane. And did they really tase her or is she playing possum so as not to cooperate? I find this very disturbing.
Me too. I really feel for the passenger. Truly!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
At BWI I witnessed a police extraction of an uncooperative and drunk passenger back in 2008. My report is still on flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...afternoon.html
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
This is just beyond my understanding. OK, you do something stupid, fine. Then the cops show up and they say "come with us". How can someone not continue with "OK, fine, I am coming"? This is not a protest on the street where you potentially want a show for the cameras.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:59 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
From the look of her eyes and hands in the video, the woman seems unconscious.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Am I the only one amazed that someone could actually be dragged down the aisle in a 739? I'm 6'1 230, and those have to be the narrowest aisles in the DL fleet.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
It is extremely disturbing. What warrants such treatment, I can't imagine.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by knit-in
The person in question is essentially trespassing, and is refusing to leave. I would assume that she resisted arrest off camera. I'm not sure what else the police are supposed to do at that point.

The flight can't continue with the person on board. Is Delta supposed to cancel it and wait it out until she leaves?

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Dec 13, 2016 at 6:56 pm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I have some sympathy for the woman for what im sure will be a hiller body ache when she wakes up. But she walked past the gate and ignored the GA. She boarded and refused to get off when the police told her to? Sorry but when the police come onto the plane....do you really thing that refusing to cooperate will make them go away? No matter if she thought she hadnt done anything wrong, arguing with and refusing a police order on an airplane....will never go well for you.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:02 pm

Get 'em off and get me where I'm going. Deal with the arrest, mental eval, therapy, social media whining, lawsuit, banning, apologies, whatever---- after the plane leaves on time.

Hope the flight was punctual. Good job, PD.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by knit-in
Oh please do tell...how did the police handle this situation incorrectly? What should DL and/or the PD have done?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Im sure if I was in this situation I would be apologizing for not scanning my pass, doing something wrong.

The refusal to exit, to be dragged off the plane like this is an indicator that shes either mentally unwell or just an ahole who is combative by nature.

I would be embarrassed that I boarded incorrectly.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by pgh234
Oh please do tell...how did the police handle this situation incorrectly? What should DL and/or the PD have done?
They should have
(A) just allowed her to stay... after all this is the era of entitlement, she's "entitled" to that seat
(B) After they finally had to taze her the entire plane should then have waited while they got a medical crew to evacuate her

After all based on the "vast" knowledge of posters on here what you saw was incorrect and likely to harm her. Of course if any of those same posters had been on the plane and they were delayed they would have wanted to know "why did it take so long don't they know I am on this plane"

Sarcasm intended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.