FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Even ABC Sitcom's dislike Sky Clubs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1805956-even-abc-sitcoms-dislike-sky-clubs.html)

RICforme Dec 1, 2016 12:03 pm

Even ABC Sitcom's dislike Sky Clubs

So on last night's episode of Black-ish on ABC, there's a scene where the older sister who is studying interior design wants to re-do her siblings room...they asked for something more sophisticated, with mahogany, leather and stainless steel. The kid says "i want this place to look like an American Airlines club"...the older sister replies "I only have $62 dollars" which then caused the kid to say "ok then, like a Delta airlines club".

I was shocked initially, then remembered my last experience at the LAX Sky Club and now I know where those LA writers get all their material...

Burj Dec 1, 2016 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by RICforme (Post 27552116)
I was shocked initially, then remembered my last experience at the LAX Sky Club and now I know where those LA writers get all their material...

That is awesome! Will have to watch that episode!

I've never been a fan of the "Jetson" stype remodeling of the SkyClubs! The contrast is really clear at MSP where one SkyClub is still in the original NWA style and the other had the "Jetson" make over...

Of course during layovers at MSP I just go to the contract lounge thanks to Priority Pass....much less crowded!

DLATL777 Dec 1, 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 27553331)
Of course during layovers at MSP I just go to the contract lounge thanks to Priority Pass....much less crowded!

This. I avoid the Skydumps cause of overcrowding. The new B is a JOKE.

davetravels Dec 1, 2016 7:32 pm

MSP F/G club is in the process of being re-Jetsonized, or discofied. The whole former bar and food area is totally walled off and under construction. There are currently VERY limited food options. The so-called bar, is a bunch of liquor bottles sitting on a table in help yerself style.

KDCAflyer Dec 1, 2016 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 27553977)
MSP F/G club is in the process of being re-Jetsonized, or discofied. The whole former bar and food area is totally walled off and under construction. There are currently VERY limited food options. The so-called bar, is a bunch of liquor bottles sitting on a table in help yerself style.

Lovely. All the more reason to use the Escape lounge.

Luckily DL has forgotten that CVG exists, so the Sky Club hasn't been ruined.

TravisMT81 Dec 1, 2016 8:55 pm

I have been to B multiple times, never had issues finding a private. Seat. Now a competent bartender is another story!

MSPeconomist Dec 1, 2016 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 27553977)

At least it's back temporarily to being a self service bar, although if we have the same holiday promo as last year's flash your DL AmEx card and get a free premium drink, I'll be disappointed.

davetravels Dec 1, 2016 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 27554426)
At least it's back temporarily to being a self service bar, although if we have the same holiday promo as last year's flash your DL AmEx card and get a free premium drink, I'll be disappointed.

Just use the C concourse Club.

flyerCO Dec 1, 2016 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 27553974)
This. I avoid the Skydumps cause of overcrowding. The new B is a JOKE.

I like the look at ATL B. I just think the layout and some details weren't paid attention to.