Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Amex Reserve Card Assigned Wrong Skymiles Number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Amex Reserve Card Assigned Wrong Skymiles Number

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:55 pm
FLN

Ditto - applied online and just received an AMEX Delta Platinum with a new Skymiles number. Come to think of it, there wasn't a field to key in the SM# which is strange, so out of sight, out of mind.

I already have a Reserve and Bus Delta Plat with correct Skymiles #. Did an online chat and they fixed it immediately. They said it would take 4-5 days, but when I logged out/back in, it now shows the correct Skymiles # on the new card online. [Maybe 4-5 days for a new card?]

I had forgotten about the SM # printed on the card - I'll ignore as long as the bonus miles and MQMs go on the correct # after the minimum spend.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FLN
I had forgotten about the SM # printed on the card - I'll ignore as long as the bonus miles and MQMs go on the correct # after the minimum spend.
They will. And if it's like me you'll forget about this completely until a month or two later when you get a mysterious email out of the blue telling you your two Sky Miles accounts have been successfully merged
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
They let you choose which account number to keep after merging?

I had a skymiles account from the PanAm transfer, but lost that number when I merged it with my NorthWest account a few years back.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
so this happened to me on my Skymiles Platinum card. I called and they changed the # on my card to the correct one.

How long does it take for the miles earned on the incorrect Skymiles account to be moved over to the correct account?

my card didn't even have a # printed on it. but I noticed it last night when loggin in. however another issue is I have already earned like 12,000 miles (spend + referral) before I noticed this issue. I really hope they are able to transfer the miles to my correct acct

Last edited by cboy; Jul 30, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:31 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Those toolbags at Amex need to get their act together.

Last week, I applied for an SPG business card, specified I had an existing SPG account and provided the number, yet they chose to issue me a brand new SPG account tied to the Amex card. And fixing it wasn't straightforward either, apparently. Took a few calls and a few days to get it sorted out.

Maybe I was just a freak case for that one time. Nope. This week, I applied for the SPG personal card, provided an existing SPG account number, yet they assigned me a new number again. Getting real tired of having to hear oral diarrhea from Amex phone customer service the last couple of weeks.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM, MM, Marriott Titanium Elite
Experienced the same situation. Took the advice of those above, that suggested to call AMEX to resolve; which they did! Many thanks! New card with the correct Sky Miles account is being mailed out to me next week.

Last edited by whiskeytangofoxtrot; Nov 20, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I had the above happen to me, I was issued a new SM number with the amex reserve. I called Amex and they adjusted the account to the correct SM number, then I filed a merge request online with Delta and less than 24 hours later MQMs and miles were merged into the correct account. All of the above took me less than 2 minutes.

-RK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.