Kenya Airways award ticket

Old Nov 20, 16, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Kenya Airways award ticket

Hey All,

Trying to book a Kenya Airways award ticket using Delta Skymiles.

I see the availability via AirFrance. I know I need to call Delta to book however have had no luck with any of the agents. I can only HUCA for so long.

Is there some other way I should be going about it? Has anyone had any luck booking Kenya Aiways award ticket via SkyMiles?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
J
Old Nov 20, 16, 8:42 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
I've done it before for intra-africa flights, pretty much Delta's availability did not match up with flying blue, however it wasn't that hard to find an available flight. but I've had luck with HUCA. In the end I just used FB miles because it was cheaper.
Old Nov 20, 16, 10:42 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Use the words Long Sell for the agents. DL Elite agents can book it, but sometimes it takes a couple calls, assuming the space is legit space. Check on EF for non-phantom space, but I haven't seen (and haven't looked that much) any KE phantom space in quite a while, so it's probably legit space.
Old Nov 21, 16, 12:08 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Took us a few calls, and the prices were constantly changing. Depends on how persistent the DL agent is at getting through with the Flying Blue folks.
Old Nov 23, 16, 6:21 am
Original Poster

After a few calls, one agent was able to find space the day before and day after the date I was looking for. Wasn't ideal but better than nothing. Thanks for your help everyone.
Old Nov 24, 16, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Try calling the Singapore call center, they are more willing and more interested in finding a solution. DL seems to block KQ availability despite it being there.
Old Dec 21, 16, 8:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
out of curiousity, how many skymiles are needed to book a 1-way business class ticket on KQ for a flight within Africa. Flying Blue looks like 30k, so curious to know how DL compares. Thanks!
(Specifically, would be looking to fly KIG-NBO-ZNZ)
Old Dec 22, 16, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by uclabruin82 View Post
out of curiousity, how many skymiles are needed to book a 1-way business class ticket on KQ for a flight within Africa. Flying Blue looks like 30k, so curious to know how DL compares. Thanks!
(Specifically, would be looking to fly KIG-NBO-ZNZ)
Our RT NBO-LUN-NBO (w/a stop in HRE) was 45,000 each. They get ya with the $245 in taxes fees or something like that, though. Also, it fluctuates extremely frequently. I'd call 3x a day when I was trying to book, and sometimes there was no availability, sometimes only first, and sometimes they'd have it but the price was astronomical. Just keep calling back.
Old Dec 22, 16, 5:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
Our RT NBO-LUN-NBO (w/a stop in HRE) was 45,000 each. They get ya with the $245 in taxes fees or something like that, though. Also, it fluctuates extremely frequently. I'd call 3x a day when I was trying to book, and sometimes there was no availability, sometimes only first, and sometimes they'd have it but the price was astronomical. Just keep calling back.
Thanks for this. Was this for business or coach?
Old Dec 23, 16, 8:31 am

Coach. A couple times that they called they said only business was available, for more miles obviously, so I said no thanks.
Old Dec 23, 16, 8:32 am

We were also kind of hamstrung since they raised the price to about $700 RT, so I wasn't about to fork out that cash and we had to get to LUN at a certain time.
Old Dec 27, 16, 1:44 am

The Singapore office was able to easily book 2 KQ business award tickets for us, BKK-NBO. It was 180k r/t per person plus $176 in fees/taxes. The only slight hiccup was the flight from BKK-NBO leaves at 1:00am, so they had to search the day before for it to show up (as a late night flight).

Expertflyer availability matched exactly with what the Singapore agents were seeing.

Last edited by jchock1; Dec 27, 16 at 1:50 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: