Would Delta start a DeltaOne lounge?

Old Dec 11, 16, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
While the SCs may be competitive with the ACs and UCs, they aren't competitive as Intl J lounges.
Specifics please. By my estimation (and based on experience), they are as good as AA and UA. They are WAY better than LH J lounges. They are also better than KE lounges. They are better than JL out-station lounges. SQ J lounges are also nothing special. They are as good as KL and AF (aside from sometimes crowding vs AF). They are in the conversation with BA, even if I think BA is better on the whole (though maintenance in BA lounges is lacking).

Not saying DL lounges blow the competition away, but they are competitive.
Old Dec 11, 16, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
I guess they figured that the improved hot food options would be enough. In general I disagree, since it's hard to make a full meal out of what is offered. DL really needs to consider some sort of express dining option, assuming UA offers the same.
I don't know. While it's not a full gourmet meal, you can eat enough for a light meal in the lounge now. Friday night I had a salad, Greek salad, and Beecher's mac and cheese with some bacon bits. By the time I got to my massively delayed flight, I didn't need any dinner on board.
Old Dec 11, 16, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
I don't know. While it's not a full gourmet meal, you can eat enough for a light meal in the lounge now. Friday night I had a salad, Greek salad, and Beecher's mac and cheese with some bacon bits. By the time I got to my massively delayed flight, I didn't need any dinner on board.
They also usually have grilled chicken breasts in the E and F clubs.
Old Dec 11, 16, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
I don't know. While it's not a full gourmet meal, you can eat enough for a light meal in the lounge now. .
Agreed. A cup of soup, a salad and some veggies is certain enough for a light meal. And during breakfast, oatmeal and fruit, or a bagel and a hard boiled egg is plenty. No, you might not be getting a steak, but there is certainly enough food to get by.
Old May 25, 17, 12:29 pm

Reviving this because it looks like AA has opened their flagship lounge at JFK and it does seem to be a step above SkyClubs. Food options look better, and there are even a few a la carte options from a menu and there is a much much much better alcohol selection, including champagne (more on par with international airlines' lounges there).

It also looks like it's open to international F & J passengers but also OW Emerald and Sapphire members in Y. Especially for international J, don't SkyClubs seem a poor competitor to this and polaris?
Old May 25, 17, 12:58 pm

I think DL has shown that they can really customize different Sky Clubs based on market needs. I could see DL offering a free drink coupon to D1 pax or enhancing food even more at JFK, but I don't really see them opening an F lounge.
Old May 25, 17, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I recall DL briefly provided meals for D1 passengers in SkyClubs at least at JFK (I got one before flying JFK - SFO in D1 back in 2015).

That seemed like an easy way to provide a hybrid of the two but that initiative seems to have fizzled out (though I certainly enjoyed that).
Old May 25, 17, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
I recall DL briefly provided meals for D1 passengers in SkyClubs at least at JFK (I got one before flying JFK - SFO in D1 back in 2015).

That seemed like an easy way to provide a hybrid of the two but that initiative seems to have fizzled out (though I certainly enjoyed that).
I don't think it exactly fizzled out, I think that instead of this, DL choose to offer enhanced food service for everyone at this club, as they have also done at SEA, SFO and certain ATL clubs.
Old May 25, 17, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
IMO DL should put something in place for D1 passengers especially since AA will be opening the FL to J pax as they are renovated and expanded across the LAA system.
Old May 25, 17, 2:45 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by rfrn View Post
Reviving this because it looks like AA has opened their flagship lounge at JFK and it does seem to be a step above SkyClubs. Food options look better, and there are even a few a la carte options from a menu and there is a much much much better alcohol selection, including champagne (more on par with international airlines' lounges there).

It also looks like it's open to international F & J passengers but also OW Emerald and Sapphire members in Y. Especially for international J, don't SkyClubs seem a poor competitor to this and polaris?
Who knows how long it will hold but the food selection at the new AA lounge really does look a lot better than at the JFK SkyClubs.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...proved-dining/

I think it would be an interesting concept for Delta to explore making the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses into effective Delta One lounges (by expanding the current UK-bound access to Delta One pax on more flights) -- VS already offers a much more generous food and drink service. But those lounges would need to be expanded quite a bit to handle all the traffic, and are presumably expensive to operate. Still, they're not so far off from what UA is offering in Polaris lounges these days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: