Original Poster

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
So I might never fly again...

It's not what you think.

Doing my usual check of seats for upcoming flights and I noticed

My MM balance is 2,003,123

My MQMs remaining to Diamond 3,123

I'd hate to destroy the symmetry...

I guess I could switch over to earning on Alaska for Flying Blue.
Old Nov 20, 16, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
I enjoyed this post....too funny!
Old Nov 20, 16, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Haha I was expecting this to be another pathetic complaint thread. Glad it wasn't. Good laugh
Old Nov 20, 16, 10:14 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
If you quit flying now, you won't make 3,123,123.

Old Nov 20, 16, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
If you quit flying now, you won't make 3,123,123.

Would not 2,345,678 be a more worthy goal. Completed on 1/9?
Old Nov 20, 16, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
All this numerology - play the lottery!

Rene has all the numbers.
Old Nov 21, 16, 2:53 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Would not 2,345,678 be a more worthy goal. Completed on 1/9?
Too risky during winter time. Any irrop might affect the goal (unless original credit is given)
Old Nov 21, 16, 7:34 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
Too risky during winter time. Any irrop might affect the goal (unless original credit is given)
Fly outside the US - in September ;-)

- DanishFlyer
Old Nov 21, 16, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.3MM, AS MVP Gold, Lifetime DL SkyClub, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's Club
I have to say, speaking of this I really enjoyed your 2MM post. I, myself am about to cross the threshold to the 2MM club very soon.

I was crunching some numbers when I was going to hit 2MM the other day, I knew it would be soon.

I have a trip scheduled on the SEA-ATL (on a 747-400), then a few days later ATL-MSP, then a few days later back MSP-SEA. I'm currently at 1,995,404 saw that I was going to hit 2MM on my ATL-MSP segment (on an MD90).

This made me do some number crunching to see what I would have to do to hit my milestone on the 747-400. I'm now going fly paid F tomorrow morning SEA-PDX and back tomorrow evening 750 mqms each way for 1500. Then I will be at 1,996,904 or 3096 to go. My MQMs SEA-ATL (in paid F) is 3272. I will arrive in ATL a newly minted SkyMiles 2MM.

This is meaningful for me for a few reasons. I grew up in MSP and remember one of my first more memorable flights was flying from MSP-ORD on a 747-200. I think this flight went MSP-ORD-NRT or ORD-MSP-NRT. Either way it was a big deal to be on the 747 for the 1 hour flight to see my grandparents outside Chicago. I grew up always planning our family vacations to be on the best equipment, DC-10s to SEA, MIA, HNL, 747-200 to LGW, etc. Remembering quite well that NW was the very first airline to fly the 747-400 and knowing this might be one of my very last opportunities to fly on this aircraft I figured I might as well make my 2MM qualification flight something memorable (a bit more memorable than an MD90 at least).

I grew up in MSP with parents who were fiercely loyal to NW, my dad (who is now 70) was at least a 2MM when I was still a kid and way before the merger (I think he's maybe a 4MM). I myself started as a NW WorldPerks "Preferred" (before Silver). Then NW Gold, then Platinum Elite for many years. When the NW/DL merger happened my 9xx,xxxx NW EQM miles plus my small number of DL MQMs made me a 1MM at that point. I've been a DM since the very first year and now I'm at the point of having made my second Million on mostly DL metal (with a little AF/KL/AS) in the mix. I think its a brilliant way to celebrate not only 2MM, but the heritage involved with such a great aircraft.
Old Nov 21, 16, 11:54 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
LOL that's awesome!

Is there a 3MM recognition? I know there's now "annual" elite benefit but I assume the a gift....

I'm only at 1,260,000+ so a long way to go though this year the 160k flying helps pushed me ahead than my last ten years as PM.

I too was a MSP kid and bummed that we didn't sign me up earlier for a NWFF back in the 80s. Might have pushed me up a little faster!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: