Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Coming soon: Comfort+ UG without Middle Seat

Old Nov 17, 16, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Agent in the SkyClub told me this morning that starting next week you will be able to select upgrades to Comfort+ without the middle seats.

Hoping that's true!
Old Nov 17, 16, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Hopefully they let you opt-in for window/aisle/middle/bulkhead separately...
Old Nov 17, 16, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by markbb99 View Post
Agent in the SkyClub told me this morning that starting next week you will be able to select upgrades to Comfort+ without the middle seats.

Hoping that's true!
John Delta (FT name) blogged it a few weeks ago: http://laptoptravel.blogspot.com/201...-delta-on.html
Old Nov 17, 16, 8:47 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't think I am alone in wanting only aisle seats all of the time. This is basically non-negotiable for me. I hope that it's not just an opt-out of middle seat but a "aisle only" or "window only." I would not want to be moved from an aisle in the MC (esp an exit row) to a window in C+).
Old Nov 17, 16, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I don't think I am alone in wanting only aisle seats all of the time. This is basically non-negotiable for me. I hope that it's not just an opt-out of middle seat but a "aisle only" or "window only." I would not want to be moved from an aisle in the MC (esp an exit row) to a window in C+).
+1 me too
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:05 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
What about a window FC seat? Would you want to opt-out of that too?
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:07 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
What about a window FC seat? Would you want to opt-out of that too?
Actually yes, esp. if I am in a good C+ bulk head or something. I'm clausterphobic, I don't like feeling trapped.
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:14 am

Interesting. wonder how it would work though.

i.e. a GM on a L fare is happy to sit wherever in EC. A GM on a T fare only wants an aisle seat. There are two seats left, an aisle and a middle. There's also an FO on the waiting list.

While the L fare would take a middle (i would take a middle vs an aisle in the back) he/she would probably prefer the aisle (assuming most would rather have an aisle over a middle).

Does the L fare get the aisle and the FO gets the middle? Or does the L fare get stuck in the middle with the T fare getting the aisle?
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by injera View Post

i.e. a GM on a L fare is happy to sit wherever in EC. A GM on a T fare only wants an aisle seat. There are two seats left, an aisle and a middle. There's also an FO on the waiting list.

While the L fare would take a middle (i would take a middle vs an aisle in the back) he/she would probably prefer the aisle (assuming most would rather have an aisle over a middle).

Does the L fare get the aisle and the FO gets the middle? Or does the L fare get stuck in the middle with the T fare getting the aisle?
There's some complex calculus going on behind the scenes to determine the seating, but whoever sits where, the FT Shenanigans Engine will start firing up and we'll have a thread on each participant's point of view by the end of the day.
Old Nov 17, 16, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Oh god this would be nice. I got shafted by this for the first time, my flight next week I got moved up from my coach aisle to a C+ middle, couldnt move back. Didnt think it would be a huge issue and i could call (or get upgraded to F) later. But now its a packed flight, 1 open F seat....grrr
Old Nov 17, 16, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
I have to ask. Why not just buy the C+ seats at booking? Domestically they are not much more expensive. Then you only have to pay attention to one upgrade list.
Old Nov 17, 16, 10:24 am

Time will tell (maybe), but my money is on the FO getting the middle in this scenario. That's the most fair IMO. Gets really fun if you start including companions in the logic (would be great, for example, to opt for any two seats together in C+ only (as long as they're not *both* middles) to not separate those traveling together.

Doubt that will ever happen... but I can dream ;-)

The real rub for me comes down to the actual (perceived?) value of the product for me personally. C+ is not enough of an upgrade to want to trade an aisle (especially if an exit row) for a window or split up my party if I'm traveling with a companion.

F/J on the other hand, is enough of an upgrade for me to warrant taking any seat/splitting parties/etc.
Old Nov 17, 16, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by jadenus View Post
There's some complex calculus going on behind the scenes to determine the seating, but whoever sits where, the FT Shenanigans Engine will start firing up and we'll have a thread on each participant's point of view by the end of the day.
thats my thought too. Unless they give you 20 different choices i dont see how this is accomplished without some accusations of shena.

I would check the box "any EC is better than any Y assuming this is a flight in the afternoon/evening and i'm not driving at my destination. I'd prefer an aisle over a window or middle but would take a middle bulkhead over an aisle in the following row."

Good luck Delta is perfecting your EC upgrade list to my preference.
Old Nov 17, 16, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
I have to ask. Why not just buy the C+ seats at booking? Domestically they are not much more expensive. Then you only have to pay attention to one upgrade list.
It is usually at least 50% or so over cheap Y fares.

If I have a choice between $400 ATL<>LAX in an exit aisle seat vs paying $600 for C+, I will never spend that $200. But I would still like to upgrade to any aisle seat in C+ if available.

Not that I expect to see upgrades anyway as a Gold.
Old Nov 17, 16, 10:30 am

thats my thought too. Unless they give you 20 different choices i dont see how this is accomplished without some accusations of shena.

I would check the box "any EC is better than any Y assuming this is a flight in the afternoon/evening and i'm not driving at my destination. I'd prefer an aisle over a window or middle but would take a middle bulkhead over an aisle in the following row."

Good luck Delta is perfecting your EC upgrade list to my preference.
This was all so much easier when we could just select available seats at our window :-/ really loved that. Really hate this new system. Changes like no middles will help... but will never be as good as it was before they started this nonsense.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: