Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DM/MM - econ comfort available, cant select seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, car rental, hotel, etc.

Have any DMs run into this situation? I am DM/MM. Flight next week showing multiple econ + seats available, but I cannot select one.

@Delta says there are seats available but not for "upgrade." WTH?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
You probably just haven't checked the box. Go back into ressie and make sure you have it checked.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, car rental, hotel, etc.
I sure did...both econ+ and FC are checked...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyDL757
I sure did...both econ+ and FC are checked...
You have to wait for upgrade availability just like for FC. You need WU availability just like you need RU/OU for FC. Just because a seat is available doesn't mean it's available for upgrade.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Did you save the change to the record? I've never seen C+ not be able to be issued once the box is ticked and the PNR saved. I suggest a call to DL.

I am hoping against hope that they are not holding seats back for revenue, though the details about upgrades sure seem to indicate that they will hold inventory back..
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Did you save the change to the record? I've never seen C+ not be able to be issued once the box is ticked and the PNR saved. I suggest a call to DL.

I am hoping against hope that they are not holding seats back for revenue, though the details about upgrades sure seem to indicate that they will hold inventory back..
Of course they hold back. They've done so since day 1 with this whole upgrade business.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Of course they hold back. They've done so since day 1 with this whole upgrade business.
I've not hit a hold back on C+ ever. Maybe I'm just lucky. Hold back on FC certainly, but I've grabbed the last visible C+ seat many times this year.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:02 pm

I've never seen a flight where WU inventory was less than W. However it could still happen.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Widgets
I've never seen a flight where WU inventory was less than W. However it could still happen.
And logically, it almost certainly will be happening at some point, otherwise there would have been almost no point to switching to an "upgrade"-based system for W.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by FlyDL757
Have any DMs run into this situation? I am DM/MM. Flight next week showing multiple econ + seats available, but I cannot select one.

@Delta says there are seats available but not for "upgrade." WTH?
Try buying a W seat. Bet you can't...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I've definitely run into times where there are W seats available but no WU inventory. Most often within 24 hours of the flight, but even a few other times a little further out.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Definitely Delta is holding back to sell those seats. Twice, last one this morning when talking to the diamond line, the agent saw my reservation and said "you're both diamonds and sitting in coach? Let me fix that." She tried and tried, even talked to someone, came back and said "Guess I'm not as wonderful as I thought."

We laughed, she said "they" told her it was a separate class and only open when they make it available and since there were many available that I stood a very good chance of getting seats at the upgrade window.

Have had that reservation for a long time and flight is next week. So, all above comments are true...in part. What is definitely true is that if one wants the upgraded seat badly enough, better to pay for it than be disappointed. For me? I'll wait.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Did you save the change to the record? I've never seen C+ not be able to be issued once the box is ticked and the PNR saved.
I certainly have in the last few months.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

More often (when Y is full) I've seen that Delta isn't selling W at all even when there are lots of open W seats.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
If it ever happens that I buy a ticket and there are 'good' W seats open and I don't get the upgrade in short order, I'll be using the 24hr rule...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.