Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Showering at CDG after arrivals? Plus bag check...

Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM

Howdy folks,

Don't see a definitive thread on this issue on DL, AF or France forums given Sky Team rule changes for arriving lounge access.

Specifically, arriving on AF international with currently non-status companion approx. 10am, departing on DL approx. 9am following morning. Looking for showers and probably a bag check, in close proximity.

Presumably we won't land 2C and will not have access to the AF "arrivals" lounge there in any case, unless there is some way to pay into business on their flight into CDG. Yotel appears to have shower cabins which are airside.

Presumably DL will leave from 2C?

I remember AF having city check for bags, but don't believe this is possible for DL. Will check and modify this if so. Not mentioning the Sofi option for showering given various factors, but might reconsider if one could leave bags there.

Any other time-convenient options in a situation such as this? Short of purchasing a fully-refundable outbound ticket on AF for that day...

TIA and usually, afterwards.

Last edited by kthomas; Nov 15, 2016 at 9:39 am
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If I remember you can make it over to 2C from 2E. Thus shouldn't be an issue to use. Note that Skyteam rules have never covered arrivals lounges. However AF does allow Elite+ to access the lounge. Non-status companions will need to pay.

As for luggage, no way to check it in for a DL flight next day. You could see if they'll interline it when you checkin for your AF flight. Absent that you'll need to wait till next day to check it at the DL checkin. CDG is an exception airport and bags can have up to 23:59 between flights.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
If I remember you can make it over to 2C from 2E. Thus shouldn't be an issue to use. Note that Skyteam rules have never covered arrivals lounges. However AF does allow Elite+ to access the lounge. Non-status companions will need to pay.
Paying for one would not be bad, but does AF allow paid entry there?

As well, I do remember using this lounge more than a few times on arrival, but my understanding was that at this point there is only access with a same-day departing international flight.

I've found some mentions of bag checks, all old, will update above as possible.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat

As for luggage, no way to check it in for a DL flight next day. You could see if they'll interline it when you checkin for your AF flight. Absent that you'll need to wait till next day to check it at the DL checkin. CDG is an exception airport and bags can have up to 23:59 between flights.
AF does not allow Elite+ Passengers in the arrivals lounge since 2015 or so. Only Flying Blue Gold & Platinum, and AF/DL Business Class passengers can access the Arrivals Lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kthomas
Paying for one would not be bad, but does AF allow paid entry there?

As well, I do remember using this lounge more than a few times on arrival, but my understanding was that at this point there is only access with a same-day departing international flight.

I've found some mentions of bag checks, all old, will update above as possible.
Yes they allow paid access. I believe it's like 50 or so. Not the cheapest. IF I had access to the terminal I would goto the Yotel before paying that.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Yes they allow paid access. I believe it's like 50 or so. Not the cheapest. IF I had access to the terminal I would goto the Yotel before paying that.
50 before 10 am, 35 afterwards.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Presumably we won't land 2C [...]

Presumably DL will leave from 2C?
Neither DL nor AF operate from 2C, the location of the arrivals lounge is a legacy of prior operations.

AF long haul (non Schengen) international arrives 2E. Short haul (Schengen) arrives 2F (mainline) or 2G (RJ).

DL operates from 2E.

Select long haul departures check in at 2F but still leave from 2E.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
Neither DL nor AF operate from 2C, the location of the arrivals lounge is a legacy of prior operations.

AF long haul (non Schengen) international arrives 2E. [...]

DL operates from 2E.

Select long haul departures check in at 2F but still leave from 2E.
OK, so expect 2E arrival 2E departure. Per above, I also presume that the AF lounges in 2E, if one can get access, will reject STE+ in these conditions(?).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

OK, so expect 2E arrival 2E departure. Per above, I also presume that the AF lounges in 2E, if one can get access, will reject STE+ in these conditions(?).
They're past security. You'll need a BP to get to them.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:48 pm

The only AF lounges where STE+ cannot enter are the the 2C arrivals lounge and La Premiere Lounge. The rest can be accessed by STE+.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA -1K, DL -Silver MM, Marriott - Titanium
The 2E M Gates lounge is very nice and has showers and a Clarins Spa. They do allow for paid guests , just unsure of the rate. Maybe 49 Euros ?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
The only AF lounges where STE+ cannot enter are the the 2C arrivals lounge and La Premiere Lounge. The rest can be accessed by STE+.
You can goto the arrivals lounge as STE+ However you can't bring in a companion like you would at at normal lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:48 pm

You can goto the arrivals lounge as STE+ However you can't bring in a companion like you would at at normal lounge.
See my post above. STE+ are not eligible to use the arrivals lounge for free since early 2015. Only Flying Blue Gold and Platinum, and AF or DL Business Class passengers.

Access to the Arrivals lounge is available to passengers traveling on a long-haul flight in the La Premire and Business cabins, passengers in the Business cabin connecting via TGV AIR and Flying Blue Elite Plus members.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
See my post above. STE+ are not eligible to use the arrivals lounge for free since early 2015. Only Flying Blue Gold and Platinum, and AF or DL Business Class passengers.
However then on another page detailing access methods it's groups STE+ with FB Elites for access. Of course that might supposed to be only for STE+flying AF and not other ST Y. It doesn't make that clear. Regardless a STE+ flying AF should get access.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:18 pm

However then on another page detailing access methods it's groups STE+ with FB Elites for access. Of course that might supposed to be only for STE+flying AF and not other ST Y. It doesn't make that clear. Regardless a STE+ flying AF should get access.
AF has been very clear about this. The mention about STE+ is about FB STE+ (FB Gold and Platinums). I am speaking based on my own experience, as I have been turned away several times as a STE+. There's an ongoing thread in the AF forum about this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...cdg-2c-35.html

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I was in the 2C arrival lounge today, and the lounge attendant explained me precisely the access rules (I'm talking here about free access, because as mentioned in other posts before, there is a possibility of paid access). So here they are (important precision : when I say by example "AF flight", it means AF metal)
- AF flight (long-haul) : P and J pax (booked under AF flight number or code-share). FB gold & plat traveling in Y or W, only if booked under AF flight number. No access for other Skyteam Elite+ programs if traveling in Y or W.
- DL flight : J pax (booked under DL flight number or AF code-share). FB gold & plat traveling in Y, only if booked under AF flight number. No access for other Skyteam Elite+ programs, including DL Elites+, if traveling in Y.
- other long-haul Skyteam flights (KE, VN, CZ, MU, etc) : P and J pax, only if booked under AF flight number. FB gold & plat traveling in Y or W, only if booked under AF flight number. No access if booked under the operating carrier code (even in J/P) and for other Skyteam Elite+ programs if traveling in Y or W (even if booked under AF flight number).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.