Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta gone from Expedia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Delta gone from Expedia

Tried to book SEA-SFO and was surprised not to see Delta flights. Checked other destinations, different dates, no Delta flights at all. Currently hold with clueless Expedia agent who claims that all Delta flights are sold out.......

I try to book tickets on Expedia because of generous free cancellation polity (until midnight of next business day, i.e. Monday when booking on Friday night as opposed to 24hr) and additional hotel discounts, which I get after booking the ticket.

Update: Agent spoke to supervisor and support desk and they verified that Delta was indeed not bookable. They had no idea what was going on and no idea if anyone was working on the problem.

Last edited by AntonS; Nov 5, 2016 at 3:08 am
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:53 am

I just searched for the flight I'm working today. The flight briefly appeared with a price just for a second, and then was replaced with only other airline options. I can't book Delta in my market on Expedia.

By the way, Delta's cancellation policy is midnight the next day, not actually 24 hours.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta flights are showing up fine for me on Expedia.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Just FYI, The "generous" cancellation policy has nothing to do with Expedia specifically. It has to do with close of ARC reporting. Friday-Monday gets around the normal ARC reporting hence why you can do that.

Any travel agent would have the same cancellation policy because operationally that is how Expedia functions. Its not actually a ticketing service it is functionally a travel agency from a booking/ticketing perspective (its called an OTA within that industry-Online Travel Agency) as Expedia receives commission from its hotel sales.

Why not find a reputable travel agent to book your flights with so you dont have to deal with the wonderful customer service of OTA (Online Travel Agencies, such as Expedia)?

Just my .02
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
I'm having no problems seeing DL flights on expedia.

Got as far as the booking info page.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
You probably weren't seeing them briefly due to the schedule change roll out updating in the system.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zsmith2
You probably weren't seeing them briefly due to the schedule change roll out updating in the system.
+1. This happens frequently on Saturday which are the day that DL loads schedule changes. Especially if equipment is changing, they'll temp. block all sales until it's finished loading, and then re-open the buckets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.