Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is the Status Change Date for 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G

So in past years, if you held say Gold status for the calendar year 2015, the Gold status expired on March 1, 2016. That meant that you enjoyed Gold perks through flights booked in February (if this was not the case please correct me).

It now appears to me that Delta has moved up the date to February 1, 2017. I am currently Gold and am only closing in on Silver for 2017. If I make Silver before the end of the year, does the prior Gold status expire on Feb 1 or Mar 1?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Feb. 1.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Status expires on January 31st or February 1st. I'm not sure of the exact time or time zone. It's been this way for at least one year.

Note that if you don't earn FO by December 31st, you get absolutely NO rollover and must start over from zero in January.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As noted above, this is not a recent change and has already been widely discussed here. The program year change was announced by Delta at the end of 2013 to begin with the 2015 program year which ended on Jan 31, 2016. The 2014 program year was the last one to end in February and ended on Feb 28, 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.