Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLAX Terminal 5 Repaving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

TLAX Terminal 5 Repaving

In case it has not been posted they are working on repaving the Tarmacadam around Terminal 5 between October 29th and tomorrow as well as working on the runway safety project until 2017.

Be patient!!!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by danielonn
In case it has not been posted they are working on repaving the Tarmacadam around Terminal 5 between October 29th and tomorrow as well as working on the runway safety project until 2017.

Be patient!!!
For how long? DL also moves to T2/3 first part of 2017. I'm holding out hope that JFK/international flights go out of T2 and that they use VS Clubhouse in short term. One can hope anyway.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:11 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
UGH! I think that's why I had to get a remote bus gate last weekend....took 30-35 minutes from getting off the plane to T5! I didn't even know there were remote bus gates at LAX
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
UGH! I think that's why I had to get a remote bus gate last weekend....took 30-35 minutes from getting off the plane to T5! I didn't even know there were remote bus gates at LAX
I didn't either. I flew AA for the first time ever the last two weeks. When I was at T4 there were a ton of announcements for flights departing using bus gates. In the one hour I was there, at least four flights got announced for bus gates. It also didn't appear to be the norm. The announcements were phrased in such a way that made it seem like people wouldn't expect a bus gate on AA at T4.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I didn't either. I flew AA for the first time ever the last two weeks. When I was at T4 there were a ton of announcements for flights departing using bus gates. In the one hour I was there, at least four flights got announced for bus gates. It also didn't appear to be the norm. The announcements were phrased in such a way that made it seem like people wouldn't expect a bus gate on AA at T4.
AA commuter flights have been out of bus "gates" to a remote terminal for quite a few years now.
There is a outlying gate "house" down toward the ocean end of the airport. Has maybe 2-3 jetways. I've never seen it used. Is this the remote gate someone else was mentioning? Or, were they using something on the old Imperial side of the airport? I know in the past some large planes on charter were put in there. Inquiring minds want to know...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
AA has their remote terminal for their RJ operations, and LAX has remote gates for overflow.

Fortunately, I have only had this happen once at LAX, but I imagine it will become more frequent given the construction, DL ramping up, and the DL move next year. The one time it happened we landed over the ocean, then turned and taxied west past all of the terminals. I had no idea where we were going.

Then we were all bused back to T5.

David
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
LAX has those weird remote bus gates. Last I was on one was a CX flight that came in early. It's really really far. I don't even think those are actual gates. They're probably used for something else and used as overflow emergency gates.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by slidergirl
AA commuter flights have been out of bus "gates" to a remote terminal for quite a few years now.
There is a outlying gate "house" down toward the ocean end of the airport. Has maybe 2-3 jetways. I've never seen it used. Is this the remote gate someone else was mentioning? Or, were they using something on the old Imperial side of the airport? I know in the past some large planes on charter were put in there. Inquiring minds want to know...
These weren't commuter flights. One to Lihue, one to IAD, one to ORD, and I forget the last. I knew of remote gates for commuters, but never had heard of bus gates for mainline flights at LAX.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by DiverDave
AA has their remote terminal for their RJ operations, and LAX has remote gates for overflow.

Fortunately, I have only had this happen once at LAX, but I imagine it will become more frequent given the construction, DL ramping up, and the DL move next year. The one time it happened we landed over the ocean, then turned and taxied west past all of the terminals. I had no idea where we were going.

Then we were all bused back to T5.

David
Yes, those look like the one I was thinking about. All the years I flew out of LAX and I never saw them used.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
There's also a NONREMOTE bus gate that DL uses at LAX. The one and only time I took the HND flight, it arrived at T5, a jetway was attached, and upon entering the terminal, everyone was forced to walk down two long steep flights of stairs to the airport basement to be packed into buses in order to drive over to TBIT, just so that DL could save a little money on TBIT gate fees and/ or later towing the 777 back to T5 for departure. Never again.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:13 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I believe ours was all the way on the ocean side of things, could barely see LAX. It was just pads with stairs. There were a bunch of Virgin America planes out there that night. No jet bridges, had fuel trucks out there and just the one bus for the whole plane and crew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.