Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change - AF 777 or DL 333 in C ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv

Hi my schedule changed and I can now choose between flying AF on a 777 with a layover in CDG (idk how the arrival lounge is there) or DL on a 330 (both in Biz) with a layover in AMS.
Any ideas / suggestions? Thanks !
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Start by looking at the AF seat map. Some of their aircraft are configured 2-3-2 in business class, although of course the aircraft are subject to change at any time.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Start by looking at the AF seat map. Some of their aircraft are configured 2-3-2 in business class, although of course the aircraft are subject to change at any time.
It's supposed the new biz on that flight . I flew the old one once and did not like it all that much.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by najrob
It's supposed the new biz on that flight . I flew the old one once and did not like it all that much.
If that's the new BIZ on AF, I will take AF at no doubt.

IMO, AF has much better catering experience, better wine selection, and I miss the Canelé...

Besides, lounge in CDG is superior than crown(crowd) lounge in AMS unless you are a big of Heineken.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MPG, Marriott Plt
I prefer the full flat bed seat in D1 of the 330 in 1-2-1 config over the angled lie flat of the new J in AF 777 in 2-2-2 config.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:59 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I'm on AF 72 flight from CDG-LAX in Nov. It is a 777 is 1-2-1 in Business. It also has 1 row of first class. See the Google 360° on the link above.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Gindernation
I prefer the full flat bed seat in D1 of the 330 in 1-2-1 config over the angled lie flat of the new J in AF 777 in 2-2-2 config.

New J in AF 777 is their "BEST" configuration (the AF designation, not the adjective...though for now both apply IMO) which is 1-2-1 reverse herringbone similar to the DL A330. It is fully-flat and quite a nice product.

OP - if you've confirmed that's the 777 config you'll be on, I'd take that over DL without hesitation. I also like CDG connections over AMS, personally.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The new AF J seat is exceptional, definitely the best SkyTeam seat across the Atlantic. The problem is that they randomly swap aircraft and stubbornly refuse to reconfigure the whole 777 fleet, so you could get to the gate and discover their miserable older 2-3-2 config instead
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
To me, it would be a hard decision. The AF new business, as others already mentioned, is an exceptional product. However, I am one of the few who prefer the Delta One catering and soft product in general.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:16 am
Original Poster

I went with DL because I don't want to risk anything and end up with a 2-3-2 J
Thanks for your answers
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
I just flew in on the AF 72 last night, 777-300 new biz. Nice hard product, good seat, nice big HD TV screen, a lot of options. Pillow is small. Catering is OK, mid flight snacks suck...also the FAs not so great....
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
To me, it would be a hard decision. The AF new business, as others already mentioned, is an exceptional product. However, I am one of the few who prefer the Delta One catering and soft product in general.
It's been a couple of years since I've been in AF J (and actually was in DL J on the outbound of that same trip), but I never thought the AF J catering was very good. Some very odd choices too, especially the pre-arrival snack on a westbound TATL.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's been a couple of years since I've been in AF J (and actually was in DL J on the outbound of that same trip), but I never thought the AF J catering was very good. Some very odd choices too, especially the pre-arrival snack on a westbound TATL.
Do they still give out that weird plastic cone thing? That was always the oddest thing to me about AF catering (and honestly I can't remember if it was in J or W or both).
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
Do they still give out that weird plastic cone thing? That was always the oddest thing to me about AF catering (and honestly I can't remember if it was in J or W or both).
Hmm...I don't recall that. I've never been in AF W though.
They *did* used to serve wine in straight-walled tumblers (i.e., water glasses), which I thought was tacky. Not sure if that changed.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Hmm...I don't recall that. I've never been in AF W though.
They *did* used to serve wine in straight-walled tumblers (i.e., water glasses), which I thought was tacky. Not sure if that changed.
Ahh, it was a W class thing. Found this on google image search:
http://upgrd.com/images/upload/image...dd_640_0_0.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.