Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Altering my reservation in International Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE

Not too happy right now, scheduled BOM via CDG to LAX, Z fare Oct 31 DL 8706 connecting in CDG now on AF flight (not the original codeshare) AF 72

Logged in to find that my connect in CDG was moved to an earlier flight on an A380 from 777-300. I specifically booked the later 777 for more time in the lounge and the 777 has AF's new Biz Product, where the A380 has angled Biz Seats.

2 hours on the phone with the Diamond Desk, and the first agent actually confirmed my change to the A380, when we were working on restoring the 777 leg....then silence when I said, hey I am supposed to be on the 777...she muted the line (I said hello 4 times). 2nd agent seemed more adept, and worked on it with the JV desk, but said that Singapore had to work on it and it would take them 4+ hours...

Finally tweeted @Delta, they fixed it but now, I have no seat assignment on the first leg and had to pick another seat on the connection....and no one can assign me a seat on the first leg....

Suspecting they are oversold, as I said, I am on a Z fare....praying I don't get sat by the toilet! Hoping it is oversold and they can OPUP me to First or I'll stay another night in BOM at the JW Marriott Airport. Anyone got any suggestions? AF and Delta are not so chummy with the JV and if they are oversold, I want that First Seat or next day flight with compensation....thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ljreinholt
Anyone got any suggestions? AF and Delta are not so chummy with the JV and if they are oversold, I want that First Seat or next day flight with compensation....thanks!
If you're convinced the problem is the result of an oversold situation stop wasting your time with Delta. Rerouting and compensation for oversold situations is on the operating carrier - ticketing carrier has nothing to do with it.

Departing BOM, U.S. Involuntary Denied Boarding rules do not apply, although AF has its own contract of carriage and EU rules to address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.