CDG arrival lounge?

Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

CDG arrival lounge?

is there an arrival lounge in CDG. if so, do i get to use it for free as a skyteam elite plus flying business class? please advise. thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
is there an arrival lounge in CDG. if so, do i get to use it for free as a skyteam elite plus flying business class? please advise. thanks.
Yes, and no. STE+ lounge access is only before departing flights.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
But flying DL in J entitles you to use the AF long haul arrivals lounge. I believe it's in Terminal 2C?

STE+ status won't get you in, but a J ticket should, unless it's changed recently.

There are threads about it, for sure.

Where are you flying in from?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, and it's a bit of a walk from where you arrive from DL flights. It's at the far end of 2C, right before 2A starts, on the departures level. The entrance has a carpet and a couple potted small trees.

AFAIK a D1 arriving boarding pass works fro entrance, but not DL or SkyTeam status. AF business or first class should obviously work also. SkyTeam ElitePlus status arriving in coach on DL apparently worked until a couple years ago as I remember overhearing a discussion about this between a DM passenger and a dragon.

Note that the lounge closes in the early afternoon, IIRC about 1-2 pm. Note also that the F&B offerings are strictly (nice) breakfast with no alcohol like wine or spirits, although I didn't look for beer.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It's a decent little lounge that adequately serves its purpose with great showers!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SkyTeam ElitePlus status arriving in coach on DL apparently worked until a couple years ago as I remember overhearing a discussion about this between a DM passenger and a dragon.
So, we HAVE met before?!?!?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Skyteam Elite+ flying W or Y can pay an entrance fee, depending on availability.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
It's a decent little lounge that adequately serves its purpose with great showers!

So, we HAVE met before?!?!?
The guy I remember had lots and lots of luggage, so I suspect that it wasn't you. He also seemed to know the dragon from some previous visits and part of the conversation was conducted in French.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The guy I remember had lots and lots of luggage, so I suspect that it wasn't you. He also seemed to know the dragon from some previous visits and part of the conversation was conducted in French.
I was just joking, of course, about having met you before, but I do travel with a lot of luggage on the way back from wherever, due to shopping, unless I can check it all the way thru during my stopover in Paris.

Also, I don't speak French.

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 21, 2016 at 7:52 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

i will be flying AF coming in from ICN. i am a diamond with delta so i bought my ticket from delta. i believe i am arriving 2E instead. not too familiar with CDG. normally i try to avoid that airport and go to AMS instead but didn't happen with this round the world ticket. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:08 pm

Your problem will be that, it appears that AF267 arrives at CDG from ICN around 2PM.

Here's a copy & paste from the AF Lounge Finder regarding the CDG Long Haul Arrivals Lounge:

Paris – Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport – Terminal 2C
Our "Air France Arrivals" lounge welcomes you every day from 5:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
Your problem will be that, it appears that AF267 arrives at CDG from ICN around 2PM.

Here's a copy & paste from the AF Lounge Finder regarding the CDG Long Haul Arrivals Lounge:

Paris Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2C
Our "Air France Arrivals" lounge welcomes you every day from 5:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
OUCH... thanks for the information. i guess i will have to get "ready" on the plane then. LOL.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
OUCH... thanks for the information. i guess i will have to get "ready" on the plane then. LOL.

Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:32 am

I hesitate to bring this up - you'll know why . . . .

I'm flying D1 PIT/CDG very soon. A friend of mine is hopefully meeting me at CDG. I say "hopefully", because my friend is a DL Connection carrier FA and will be nonrevving on a flight from a different city.

Does anyone think if my friend gets a D1 seat that he'll be able to get in to the CDG arrivals lounge with me, either as a D1 pax, or my guest? - - And if it makes any difference, what about if he flies in Y?

Any thoughts?

Thanx!

Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
davetravels,

Also with hesitation, I report that have twice been admitted to the 2C arrivals lounge with my flimsy and battered gate-issued D1 non-rev BP EWR-CDG. The lack of a PNR that showed up in the agents' system caused them some concern, but after affirming that I was indeed flying 'en Affaires', they let me in.

YMMV

If your friend is in Y, he will not be admitted, as your paid D1 status does not allow any guests.

I am still working on the puzzle of whether I would be admitted from a Y flight on the basis of my SkyClub membership; the DL website says 'yes' but I have my doubts. DL has not responded to my email on the subject, so I may just have to test the hypothesis next winter.

T2

Last edited by tartetatin2; Jun 15, 2017 at 3:41 pm Reason: grammer and speeling
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
dupe, duh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.