Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-EDI seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Question JFK-EDI seat selection

I have a trip planned in spring, will be flying from JFK to EDI on a Boeing 757-200 (75S). I picked Seat 33D because the seat behind that row has extra legroom -- hoping it would lessen the chance of my seat being kicked or annoying the passenger behind me with my recline.

Upon further reflection, I started to worry about the sound and smell from the lavatory behind the row behind me, since I am sensitive to smells. It's been 20 years (sigh) since I've flown transatlantic, and I frankly don't remember how close I was seated to the bathroom on those previous flights or if I encountered any issues with smell.

I'd love some input/suggestions from those of you who travel FAR more frequently than I! There are still ample aisle seats I could switch to since it's so far out. Does extra space behind outweigh possible bad smells/flushing noises?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
One other thing to consider is that on a longer flight, sometimes the queue to use the facilities ends up being a line and you could end up with people standing next to you for some portion of the flight.

I personally don't recall too many times where smells are a problem but the door opening and closing and traffic can be an issue if you are trying to sleep or concentrate on anything.

Noise cancelling headphones will help with the sounds but, if there would happen to be a problem with the restroom, I don't think there are nose cancelling headphones yet.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I absolutely cannot sleep on airplanes, so noise would just be annoying, not detrimental to my nonexistent sleep.

Decisions, decisions....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.