FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Michel et Augustin cookies. Nom nom nom. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1795057-michel-et-augustin-cookies-nom-nom-nom.html)

tmorse6570 Oct 6, 2016 12:09 pm

Michel et Augustin cookies. Nom nom nom.

Everyone was going for the big yellow bags filled with average pop corn. The attendant told us to try the cookies, because they were her favorite. She was right. They're great.

First time I've seen them, but we haven't flown in four months.

Atlantarita Oct 6, 2016 12:12 pm

Those cookies are currently my snack of choice. I love that they wedge them between the popcorn. I hope this continues so people don't see them!

I also like the addition of the Kind bars -- actual food on the relative scale of snack basket options.

DL-Don Oct 6, 2016 12:53 pm

The KIND bars in the current snack basket are very, very good.

StayingHomeIsBetter Oct 6, 2016 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by tmorse6570 (Post 27311887)
Everyone was going for the big yellow bags filled with average pop corn. The attendant told us to try the cookies, because they were her favorite. She was right. They're great.

First time I've seen them, but we haven't flown in four months.

They are rather good. ^

KDCAflyer Oct 6, 2016 3:23 pm

I do miss the brownie brittle and key lime cookies though.

davetravels Oct 6, 2016 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 27312731)

^ ^

SCEflyer Oct 6, 2016 6:43 pm

I was on a flight out of Atlanta earlier this week, that was < 250 miles in length. Two of the three FA's were standing in the front galley after all of the pax boarded, but before the door was closed. They were putting a package or two of these cookies into their pockets. So far I didn't have an issue.

However when it came time to do the beverage service, we were offered only peanuts or pretzels!!!

nikitta28 Oct 6, 2016 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 27312731)

zactly

pbj Oct 7, 2016 7:22 am

The breakfast cookies are pretty good too, unless the guy across the aisle takes all 5 from the basket and slowly devours ALL of them during your 1.25 hour flight. :eek::eek::eek:

Not that I know such things happen... on days like today.. :rolleyes::D

nikitta28 Oct 7, 2016 11:15 am

With the instillation of the new snack basket tazer devices any removal of more than 2 items will result in both significant shock and embarrassment. Negative reinforcement. The cookies need to be protected.

scrubjay Oct 7, 2016 12:05 pm

Michel et Augustin are some of the best cookies I've ever had. We brought back a haul from France on our last trip and froze them.
They are available on Amazon if you need your fix :D

Dancing Deer brownies are a close second. Not sure what routes serve them, but we had them on AUS-MSP.

tmorse6570 Oct 7, 2016 3:09 pm

Wow. Amazon is selling two for $17.75. No wonder they're so good.

longwaybackhome Oct 7, 2016 8:26 pm

Are these available in only F, or other places? I had some at Sbux and they were awesome!

securesmaskfirst Oct 8, 2016 10:50 am

This thread should be shut down and hidden from view...I love those cookies. I was hoping nobody would notice how good they are. On my flight yesterday I asked the FA if she liked those cookies. She responded, don't know they always are the first thing we run out of. Awesome FA BTW. Three passes with the basket on a two hour flight.

StayingHomeIsBetter Oct 8, 2016 11:31 am

Originally Posted by tmorse6570 (Post 27317124)
Wow. Amazon is selling two for $17.75. No wonder they're so good.

If you are confusing pricee with quality, you are exactly the sort of customer that the airlines want.

(Peace... that was not intended as a shot. Just a little marketing humor. :))

I was so surprised at this, that I went to AMAZON to try to understand. $17.75 for less than 5 oz of cookies?!?!?

I'll have to check out the price at S'bux.

They are good, just not $17.75 good.