FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   "12 Status" SEA Promo for WA Residents (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1793988-12-status-sea-promo-wa-residents.html)

ATOBTTR Sep 30, 2016 8:30 pm

"12 Status" SEA Promo for WA Residents

Searched the forum and via Google and didn't see a thread yet; apologize if there is one.

https://www.12status.com
Delta promo for Washington-based Skymiles members, with a Seahawks-NFL theme.

Highlights include:
- Earn 1 mile for every passing yard the Seahawks have this season (hopefully Russel Wilson gets back to full strength soon! :p )
- 500 bonus miles for members for every 12,000 sign-ups (currently just over 13,000 people have signed up)
- Earn 1200 miles is the "12S" cause 5 false starts by the Rams when the Rams play the Seahawks in Seattle in December (so just hope there are 5 false starts in the game I guess).
- "12 status" members receive priority boarding in Seattle (I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers, on account of it seems the entire plane gets "priority boarding" now, although the promo doesn't specify what exactly is meant by priority boarding, if it's Zone 1 or some new zone unique to SEA).

Already had close to 800 miles post to my account through this. Now if more of those passing yards would be to Tyler Lockett to help out my Fantasy Team, this would be a double-win. :D

BenA Sep 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR (Post 27286707)
- "12 status" members receive priority boarding in Seattle (I'm sure this will ruffle some feathers, on account of it seems the entire plane gets "priority boarding" now, although the promo doesn't specify what exactly is meant by priority boarding, if it's Zone 1 or some new zone unique to SEA).

On my last flight, 12Status boarding was actually its own zone after Sky Priority but before Zone 1 (!). I guess with only 12k members so far, it isn't a big factor in boarding time.

It doesn't print on the boarding pass, so i have no clue how the GA verifies it (I assume the same way as other zones - e.g. not at all).

anon2k2 Oct 1, 2016 8:51 am

I joined a couple of weeks ago and just got 700+ RDM posted yesterday. Not too bad for divulging marketing information that I'm sure Delta has already. My flight out of Seattle on Tuesday didn't have any 12 Status boarding zone announcement. My flights out of MSP, DTW, and DCA this week didn't either. :p

exwannabe Oct 1, 2016 10:32 am

Zone 1 is just so Kool, how could they possibly do this.

Anyway, do we need a seperate lane for zone 12 if they are late for the announcement? Can they use Sky Pri lane?

Seriously, this boarding priority nonsense has gone past absurd when zone 1 is last to board.

BenA Oct 1, 2016 11:31 am

Originally Posted by exwannabe (Post 27288616)

Anyway, do we need a seperate lane for zone 12 if they are late for the announcement? Can they use Sky Pri lane?

Seriously, this boarding priority nonsense has gone past absurd when zone 1 is last to board.

I know you're joking... but fwiw, the 12Status passengers (of which there were none on my flight) were invited to board through the Sky Priority lane. :D

SJC ORD LDR Oct 1, 2016 11:48 am

Too bad they don't have a similar promotion with a team I like, such as the Patriots.

MileageAddict Oct 1, 2016 2:54 pm

Discussion on this promo can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-amounts.html

skchin Oct 2, 2016 8:35 am

Detroit Lions? :mad:

ATOBTTR Oct 2, 2016 10:48 am

Originally Posted by skchin (Post 27291946)
Detroit Lions? :mad:

I think such a promo would have DL TAKING miles from your account. ;)

andyh64000 Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

This is live again.

ATOBTTR Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Just "re-registered".

Delta should appeal to fans in all cities:
In Dallas they could give miles for each game Ezekiel Elliot is suspended.
In Cleveland they could give miles for each game the Browns lose.
And they could show some love to ATL: a mile for every point of the lead the Falcons blow.

;)

manacit Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm

How about 500 Sky Miles every time a Jets QB gets punched, and 250 every time Eli Manning throws an interception? Maybe then I could afford to fly one of those new A350s in J :D

Did anyone not from WA put in a WA zipcode and register last year? Not that I'm going to, just curious.

ATOBTTR Aug 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by manacit (Post 28727275)
How about 500 Sky Miles every time a Jets QB gets punched, and 250 every time Eli Manning throws an interception? Maybe then I could afford to fly one of those new A350s in J :D.

And a mile for every snowball Eagles fans throw at Santa Claus. :D

SJC ORD LDR Aug 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Why does Seattle have an obsession with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers?

TomMM Aug 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe (Post 27288616)

Maybe a Red Zone??