Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/Amex 70k Miles/ 10K MQMs - Expires 11/9/2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Is this a new offer? www.delta.com/actnow

After $3k spend during first 3 months
-70k Miles
-10k MQMs

First DL Purchase
-$100 Statement Credit
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:58 am

Cue the US-Europe RT coach flight costs to 70,000 Skymiles...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I think the Platinum offer is that same offer whenever the gold is at 50K. Might be wrong though.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Robbyb03
Cue the US-Europe RT coach flight costs to 70,000 Skymiles...
This, haha.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:54 pm

Also wondering about this offer. Never dabbled with Delta miles before but I'm interested in transferring them. So:
What if my wife and I each scored one of these platinum cards, each got the 70,000 miles, and then transferred them to our Amex Membership Rewards programs?
We'd be out of pocket the annual fees ($192 x 2 = $390), but since Delta can transfer to Amex points 1:1, than we'd gain 140,000 total Amex points, which can be worth a helluva lot in my experience. Or is it better to leave them as Delta miles? Any other innovative way to use this signup bonus? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by FromTheEast
Also wondering about this offer. Never dabbled with Delta miles before but I'm interested in transferring them. So:
What if my wife and I each scored one of these platinum cards, each got the 70,000 miles, and then transferred them to our Amex Membership Rewards programs?
We'd be out of pocket the annual fees ($192 x 2 = $390), but since Delta can transfer to Amex points 1:1, than we'd gain 140,000 total Amex points, which can be worth a helluva lot in my experience. Or is it better to leave them as Delta miles? Any other innovative way to use this signup bonus? Thanks.
AFAIK you can't transfer SkyMiles to Membership Rewards. You can transfer the other direction, but once a SkyMile always a SkyMile.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
You cannot transfer Skymiles to Membership Rewards. MR to SM at 1:1. Not the other way round.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
There is also a special referral related to these offers where the referrer gets extra miles (10k in the case of the Platinum, maybe the same for the Gold but not sure). But I sent a referral out and on that email the expiration date for the offer is listed as February 1, 2017. Quite a bit of extra time for the offer compared to November as listed here, and with the added benefit of being able to apply next year if the MQM would fit better there.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by goofygoofygooberyeah
There is also a special referral related to these offers where the referrer gets extra miles (10k in the case of the Platinum, maybe the same for the Gold but not sure). But I sent a referral out and on that email the expiration date for the offer is listed as February 1, 2017. Quite a bit of extra time for the offer compared to November as listed here, and with the added benefit of being able to apply next year if the MQM would fit better there.

Can you refer oneself?

(IE: Biz/personal)?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
Can you refer oneself?

(IE: Biz/personal)?
Nope unless there is some crazy loophole - I had to log-in to create the link and could only do it for the types of cards I had one for (I thought the same thing!).
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL
Can existing AMEX card holders take advantage of this?

Or is it strictly for new AMEX members?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by hiho silver
Or is it strictly for new AMEX members?
Definitely available for anyone who hasn't had that exact card before (Gold, Platinum, Biz Gold, Biz Platinum all different), and possibly available to anyone who hasn't received a signup bonus for that exact card before.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
How long does it normally take for the signup bonus to post to your account? The T&C's say 6-8 weeks, but that was a while ago.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta, IHG
Originally Posted by doglover
How long does it normally take for the signup bonus to post to your account? The T&C's say 6-8 weeks, but that was a while ago.
My bonus points hit immediately after the last qualifying purchase posted. I didn't even have to wait for the statement to close for that month.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Noctilum
My bonus points hit immediately after the last qualifying purchase posted. I didn't even have to wait for the statement to close for that month.
same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.