Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Atlanta Concourse B Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
New Atlanta Concourse B Sky Club

Posted this in the new beverages thread and here is the poster with the details.

Summer 2016.

Food options are interesting (are they doing this at other clubs?).

Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by apodo77
Posted this in the new beverages thread and here is the poster with the details.

Summer 2016.

Food options are interesting (are they doing this at other clubs?).

JFK SC has food for purchase. I don't know how good it is, I never tried it (the Virgin Atlantic lounge has great food, so we go there instead).
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The newest JFK SC has paid food options as well. I don't know of any others. Most (all?) AA clubs have food menus with items for purchase as well, so maybe that's where DL got the idea.

I actually kind of like the idea as long as they keep some decent free options as well (say what you want about my use of "decent" but I generally enjoy the soups). There are times when I want more of a full meal but don't have that long of a layover so have to choose between a restaurant or the SC since they prohibit outside food. As long as the prices and taste are competitive with other airport options I'd probably make use of the menu occasionally.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Looks interesting. I had heard rumblings about this for a few months. I'll be anxious to check it out.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The food in the AA club is the definition of meh.

Mostly pressed sandwiches and ho hum salads (DFW, ORD, CLT, LAX experience)

Hopefully DL offers something better than that.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Does anybody know how this compares in size to some of the larger lounges (A Centerpoint, A17, JFK B32 etc.)? I assume this will then replace both the B10 and B25 lounges...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:45 pm

There is also a new SC being built in D near D12. I wonder if this will replace or will be in addition to the existing SC in D.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by airindia787
There is also a new SC being built in D near D12. I wonder if this will replace or will be in addition to the existing SC in D.
Did DL take over some of the gates on the "other" side of D? This is down near the old AirTran gates no?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Did DL take over some of the gates on the "other" side of D? This is down near the old AirTran gates no?
Yes, DL took over some former WN/FL gates in D. From what I could see they are all mainline gates, with D north still being all RJs.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
I believe DL will take over and remodel the old UA club on D. DL acquired many new gates on D and seems to gate many 2-class RJs and 717s there.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
The newest JFK SC has paid food options as well. I don't know of any others. Most (all?) AA clubs have food menus with items for purchase as well, so maybe that's where DL got the idea.

I actually kind of like the idea as long as they keep some decent free options as well (say what you want about my use of "decent" but I generally enjoy the soups). There are times when I want more of a full meal but don't have that long of a layover so have to choose between a restaurant or the SC since they prohibit outside food. As long as the prices and taste are competitive with other airport options I'd probably make use of the menu occasionally.
+1

I've always been irritated by the fact that they don't serve meals yet prohibit outside food. Plus, most travelers in lounges wouldn't mind ponying up for food since they're probably traveling with an expense account. I suspect the real issue here is lack of kitchen / prep facilities near the SCs.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Is this going to replace the concourse-level skyclub that has the wonderful view of the jetbridge?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Is anyone else worried about the "newly designed finishes and furnishings" or "re-imagined complimentary food buffet"... I worry when DL gets creative....
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn
Is this going to replace the concourse-level skyclub that has the wonderful view of the jetbridge?
The poster says there will be airport and runway views.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Is anyone else worried about the "newly designed finishes and furnishings" or "re-imagined complimentary food buffet"... I worry when DL gets creative....
The "finishes and furnishings" don't worry me....they are what they are. But the complimentary food buffet was just "re-imagined" a short time ago and I wonder if this upcoming change will be another "enhancement" that turns out to be a downgrade.

I still don't understand how the Amex Centurion Lounges can serve excellent hot and cold meals catered by local celebrity chefs PLUS serve top-notch beverages at the bar, and they do it all for only $50. Meanwhile, a bowl of soup, some marinated mushrooms, and either swill beer, cheap wine, or rock-gut liquor is offered in the Sky Club for the same $50!

I worry more about the spreading of this idea of paying more for a decent meal, when I have already paid to get in. It is bad enough that they think you should pay for a decent drink, which I refuse to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.