Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Atlanta Concourse B Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by krlcomm
There isn't anything about the Men's restroom there that works, wondering who designed that disaster? All kinds of room to work with and that's what they came up with - 4 urinals w/ 2 of them basically on the floor? The faucets / sink thing is beyond ridiculous, who would ever sign off on that being even remotely acceptable? The rest of the new club is nice (a little too much furniture crowded together but oh well) but the restroom is a complete, total joke.
When i used the facilities on Saturday night there were signs on top of the sink saying something like Delta is aware of the faucet issue and will be fixing/replacing it shortly.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tennislover9
When i used the facilities on Saturday night there were signs on top of the sink saying something like Delta is aware of the faucet issue and will be fixing/replacing it shortly.
Makes sense - the entire bathroom isn't the must functional thing in the world, but the faucet issue is the worst - I imagine it can't be to code, though I'm not in construction.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tennislover9
I was in there Monday morning and was able to wash my hands in the men's room without any issues. In fact, I didn't notice anything about the sinks, really - just did what I had to do, did my regular stabbing-someone-in-the-eye-while-trying-to-get-the-touchless-faucet-to-work, and washed up. Hands were nowhere near touching the basin.

This was my first time in the B club so I have no prior experience to compare it to, but perhaps the faucets got fixed over the weekend?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
I was in there Monday morning and was able to wash my hands in the men's room without any issues. In fact, I didn't notice anything about the sinks, really - just did what I had to do, did my regular stabbing-someone-in-the-eye-while-trying-to-get-the-touchless-faucet-to-work, and washed up. Hands were nowhere near touching the basin.

This was my first time in the B club so I have no prior experience to compare it to, but perhaps the faucets got fixed over the weekend?
I am here now, so I went and took a look. Compared to my previous visits, it appears that they have shortened the horizontal part of the spigot by an inch or two. Because of the angle of the sink basin, moving the outlet closer to the wall has the effect of increasing the space available for your hands.

It is definitely more usable now, but I wish they had gone another inch or so shorter while they were messing with it.

As an aside, I was in one of the concourse restrooms of another airport in the past couple of weeks (LAX? DTW? Maybe SEA?) which had more or less the same configuration - though it was more like the current config than what I saw here previously.

Edit: a couple of additional observations - it appears that they did something about the banging of the restroom door, so that's one less annoyance. The floor in front of the soft drink dispenser was much less sticky than last time I was there. The Chicken Noodle Soup was pretty darn good today. Also, I noticed one the way out that the maximum capacity is listed as over 1,200 people. Think about that next time you complain about it being crowded....

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Nov 1, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I finally was able to visit last weekend, Delta did very well with this Club. My only issue was how long it takes to get checked in. When I left at 10:40 AM there was a line of about 15 people waiting to get admitted. Still though, compared to what we used to have, this is amazing.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
I sure miss the old B-10 Sky Closet

--said no one, ever
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by FrontRow

--said no one, ever
Well....there's one thing I miss about ATL B10 SC.

It was nice being able to use a bathroom stall that wasn't the width of the average Y seat on a CR2.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
This club has officially set a record....

THE MOST COMPLAINED ABOUT CROWN ROOM CLUB --> SKYCLUB --> RENOVATED SKYCLUB IN THE SYSTEM!

Anyone disagree?

Sitting back with a Woodford and popcorn now...

Regards,
TFD

PS: I have been using this specific B10 club since 1997 so I agree with most of the complaints!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FrontRow

--said no one, ever
Here you go, I took it through the door last month:

Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:08 am

I honestly do not mind the B SkyClub, prefect no, but it is nice and serves my needs which admittedly may not line up with others who are business travelers.

As a leisure traveler who didn't pay much for a lifetime Northwest World Club membership, I honestly cannot complain.

Decent free beer, a nice food selection, I especially like the Pasta Salad and while I would have preferred the Mac and Cheese to the new offering of Grilled Chicken, I am honestly happy and prefer it to the Admiral's clubs.

Yes, the lines can be long to check in but I do not mind waiting as I truly have nowhere better to be and I purposely book myself longer connections (minimum 2.5 -3 hours though generally 3.5 hours) to alleviate the stresses of missing connections again, my personal situation probably does not line up with many here.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Kudos to High Service

Have had the chance to enjoy the B Concourse Skyclub multiple times since its opening. Today I was offered a drink early on in my stay and a refill on my wine by associates working the room. Such a great level of service. Look forward to many more visits. Thank you!!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Interesting, I thought the sky deck was popular during nice weather... which could be a big limiting factor with the hot/humid weather in ATL pax probably don't want to sit out there and sweat... so you probably just have a few months a year that it is ideal conditions.
Why didn't they air condition it? Seriously! Down here in Florida, there are many places which air condition outdoor spaces. Restaurants, flea markets, even residential homes & condos do this here.

The cost is relatively minimal and in some cases the energy usage is nil. At my old house, the HVAC contractor had the HVAC system set up as a positive-pressure system, with the "stale" air getting dumped into my garage. At my parents' condo, we installed ACs on their balcony. It's not that difficult to engineer this stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.