Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Access Policy for VS Lounge in T3...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Access Policy for VS Lounge in T3...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well think of it this way... there are plenty worse airports or lounges you could be stuck at for 3hrs if you don't make the connection.
If you're there, take advance of it and enjoy one of the complimentary salon/spa offerings followed up by a drink and nice bite to eat.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Well think of it this way... there are plenty worse airports or lounges you could be stuck at for 3hrs if you don't make the connection.
If you're there, take advance of it and enjoy one of the complimentary salon/spa offerings followed up by a drink and nice bite to eat.
So true. LHR Clubhouse one of my favourite lounges. Though truth be told, I might wish I was flying OneWorld. BA wines in F lounge are better than VS, and CX noodles are always tough to beat. T3 is a good terminal for OW First pax to lounge hop.

Best, Jamie
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Substituting away from JFK-LHR to do JFK-AMS/CDG-LHR just because of lounges? Can't say I would do that. The AMS lounges are nothing special, and the CDG AF business class departure lounges are not much better.

Garuda and MEA use LHR Terminal 3. Don't they still provide ElitePlus with lounge access there?
Of course. This forum and thread though are about when flying DL out of LHR.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Yeah, it's risky. MCT is 90, but that assumes checked bags and slow walkers without a premium ticket. In my case I'll be first off @ T4, VS ticket in hand, with a rollerboard.

I just wish there was something between the 1730 and the 2030 to New York. Don't need 3 hours in the Clubhouse.

Alternative is UK registered traveler entry at T4 and then taxi to T3, but I think that'll be longer.
If this is a single ticket/PNR, you could have trouble checking in even if you do OLCI and do not check a bag. If not, the risk is on you.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If this is a single ticket/PNR, you could have trouble checking in even if you do OLCI and do not check a bag. If not, the risk is on you.
Yeah, I've wondered about that. I have a different PNR for the AF flight than the VS flight, but the VS PNR contains the AF segment as well. If I'm unable to OLCI 24 hrs out, I'll simply have to reticket on the later VS flight and endure the A346 and post-midnight arrival home. I suppose I could try and sort it out after my motorbike to CDG, but I've never found service there to be strong (unless flying AF Longhaul F). As long as the later flight remains wide open I'm willing to take chances.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Of course. This forum and thread though are about when flying DL out of LHR.
If Garuda and MEA can provide it on the basis of ElitePlus status to economy class passengers at LHR T3, then what is the the only reason DL doesn't want to provide it too there? Because DL doesn't value all that highly the business of all the ElitePlus customers on its flights there. This cheapskate, customer-unfriendly behavior by DL is DL being DL.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:20 pm

If Garuda and MEA can provide it on the basis of ElitePlus status to economy class passengers at LHR T3, then what is the the only reason DL doesn't want to provide it too there?
Uh, lots more flights, lots more people, lots less space per capita? And Delta does provide. Just not in the Clubhouse anymore. Which I'm confident any paying passenger in UC or D1 is pleased with.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Uh, lots more flights, lots more people, lots less space per capita? And Delta does provide. Just not in the Clubhouse anymore. Which I'm confident any paying passenger in UC or D1 is pleased with.
However DL only provides it for DL elites. Other Skyteam partner ElitePlus members don't get lounge access. Part of DL'S refusing to give E+ lounge access to third party lounge policy.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
However DL only provides it for DL elites. Other Skyteam partner ElitePlus members don't get lounge access. Part of DL'S refusing to give E+ lounge access to third party lounge policy.
Reasonable point.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

If Garuda and MEA can provide it on the basis of ElitePlus status to economy class passengers at LHR T3, then what is the the only reason DL doesn't want to provide it too there? Because DL doesn't value all that highly the business of all the ElitePlus customers on its flights there. This cheapskate, customer-unfriendly behavior by DL is DL being DL.
DL for awhile hasn't provided E+ (including for its own ElitePlus) at any third party lounge. DL entered into an agreement with VS to provide it (likely due to LHR # of flights plus for competitive reasons), but since VS is outside Skyteam, the benefit is only for DL elites.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Not just that at its root. With DL it's all about the money, as other SkyTeam carriers don't use the "contract lounge" excuse as much as DL does.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
FWIW, I traveled as a GM LHR-JFK In late August. No. 1 was crowded, but I was admitted with companion while "pay-in" and priority pass customers were refused based on crowd level. It's no VS clubhouse but seemed pretty on-par with DL's domestic SC offerings.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I'll bet that, especially while it's half its normal size during renovations, the No 1 lounge won't be letting in any pay-in or priority pass customers: I imagine having not only all DL GM+ medallions not in J, including all those who previously would have been leaving out of T3 and going to the ST lounge, will fill No 1 to, maybe beyond, capacity.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
New access policy

Sitting in the Clubhouse now at LHR T3. DM flying Virgin metal to LAX on DL stock in Y. Check in agent advised to go to No1 lounge but lounge agent advised Diamond only now has access to Clubhouse. PM and GM still have access only to No1. So a bit of training needed.

Confirmed at Clubhouse with VS agent. Rule just changed at the end of last week. Able to bring +1 as well.

Pleasantly surprised with the good news! There is some work going on in the lounge so agent said earlier access change was space constraints. No word on if more access will be granted post-construction.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by owtrspace
Sitting in the Clubhouse now at LHR T3. DM flying Virgin metal to LAX on DL stock in Y. Check in agent advised to go to No1 lounge but lounge agent advised Diamond only now has access to Clubhouse. PM and GM still have access only to No1. So a bit of training needed.

Confirmed at Clubhouse with VS agent. Rule just changed at the end of last week. Able to bring +1 as well.

Pleasantly surprised with the good news! There is some work going on in the lounge so agent said earlier access change was space constraints. No word on if more access will be granted post-construction.
Thanks for the report! What makes FT info useful ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.