Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wanna See Dynamic Award Pricing In Action??????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanna See Dynamic Award Pricing In Action??????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Same BS I've been dealing with for several weeks. PEN-PDX January 7th. Lots of 80,000 mile options (J) show up, but never bookable. Sometimes I even get to the "verified by Visa" page until it fails.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Same BS I've been dealing with for several weeks. PEN-PDX January 7th. Lots of 80,000 mile options (J) show up, but never bookable. Sometimes I even get to the "verified by Visa" page until it fails.
I couldn't book practicaly any flights (MU, FM, AS, SU, etc.) that I see online recently (last month or so) on dullta.com, and I've tried lots of dates and routings for various routes (some just to see if it works). Always errors out after payment entry. But still shows as available afterwards.

Called by phone and agent had some "pop-up that won't go away", but in the end after escalation was able to book it, for one itin at least.

Have you tried calling and booking it by phone? I think that just dullta.com is BADLY messed up (i.e., is performing as usual), and so is the res system in general. The availability is there (I suspect), it just can't ticket it due to some long standing bug that DL, likely purposefully, is refusing to fix or even acknowledge.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Well mine got even weirder. After a few hours, DL showed 1 ticket back at 30k so I snagged it. But the first time it errored out when I tried to enter a new CC (need to hit minimum spend) so the second time I just clicked through with the Delta AMEX on file and it went through.

So now I have to wait for a second ticket to be allowed back in so we can both get home...
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
She tells me "Oh....none of those are actually bookable because although one of the legs is available that even if one leg ISN'T available it will still show the whole trip on DL.com as available under the search."

Dude....this is like auto dealers advertising the loss leader base model for $10k to get you in the door and then they tell you it isn't available but here is a similar car but for $12,000.

I even tried routing with Korean Air and she said the same thing about THOSE flights and basically told me that most Medallion Members know that "the code shares are rarely bookable for flights to BKK."
What a mess!

No problems with routing via ICN on KE and/or mix of DL/KE and codeshares.

I redeemed my last big lot of SkyMiles to BKK and in J class. Did two one-way award bookings. However, it wasn't letting me book it online.

Was running into a "glitch" where it wouldn't take me to the payment page.

I called DL award reservations, they xfer me to a web help support desk, they took the flight #'s I wanted, CC details, and booked everything for me.

Really enjoyed the forward looking nose camera on the KE A330-200 which I took on one of my segments. During takeoff the IFE screens and other cabin screens (like at bulkhead) would change to the forward runway view for takeoff. Just prior to landing they'd turn all the screens back to the nose camera. Really neat view, even at night as you can see the runway off in the distance and make out the runway lighting, etc.

SDF
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Have you tried calling and booking it by phone?
I tried calling only once. They couldn't see the flights that show when I search their website.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I tried calling only once. They couldn't see the flights that show when I search their website.
With Dullta res, the chance is 50/50 that you got an ignorant (or just plain lazy) res agent who has no clue of what they are doing, like ones who will claim that some of the ST airlines are not in SkyTeam, for example.

As much as I hate to say it, HUACA.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Just ran into this for the first time. Went to book FCO - CDG - RDU - showed 3 seats left at 30k/person. Took too long I guess seeing if I could connect from a different point that was more convenient than FCO.

Eventually clicked through and it let me enter in all the information at 30k/person and then errored out, now no option and CDG - RDU standalone is at 40k instead of 30k. Annoying because it actually let me click through at 60k and then decided no dice. I guess I'll have to wait a few hours and check again - I assume that the price went up because of the multiple searches
Originally Posted by Duke787
Well mine got even weirder. After a few hours, DL showed 1 ticket back at 30k so I snagged it. But the first time it errored out when I tried to enter a new CC (need to hit minimum spend) so the second time I just clicked through with the Delta AMEX on file and it went through.

So now I have to wait for a second ticket to be allowed back in so we can both get home...
Just a follow-up. After stalking this like a hawk for a couple weeks, EF finally showed availability on the CDG - RDU portion that wasn't phantom and I was able to grab the 2nd ticket at 30k for the full FCO - CDG - RDU.

Huge pain in the butt having to drag this - I came close to buying miles to just get it at the higher price but glad I gambled and waited it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.